In game sound.

Dtrahan12

Hey! Just popping in here to ask about a few things. The first thing, the in game sound. I'm not sure about anyone else but, I can't play a game like Project Zomboid without a sound for footsteps. It's minor I know, but it would still be helpful to hear other players, or zombies near you. I think that this would add a more survival feeling to the multiplayer, and singleplayer, instead of getting snuck up on with no footsteps. 

-On another note, maybe some items in the game could reduce the sound of your footsteps? (This should probably go in the suggestions forum.)

It would be great if I could get some feedback, I always enjoy reading all of the things that you guys have to say, revoir des amis!

There are audio cues for zombies such as heightened aggression noises as they get closer, not to mention the "BRIIING!!" shock noise.

I'm not sure if I would like footstep sound effects myself.

I mean, on one hand it would give purpose to sneaking. Masking your footsteps to get the jump on other players or evade them all together.

On the other hand, with the sheer volume of zombies present on the screen at one time and with the amount of walking and running you do in Zomboid....

I think constantly hearing "clop clop clop clop clop clop clop clop clop clop" would drive me batty!

Imagine each zombie having a footstep sound. Then being followed by 20 of them.

I definitely agree sound plays a huge part in immersion and atmosphere. But I'm not sure if footstep sfx would be "good" or "bad" for my Zomboid experience.

Perhaps if sound had a visual representation. For example, a player running would give a visual cue. Imagine similar to the UFO or X-Com series where an audible enemy is represented by a "!" in the general direction.

Obviously I don't want a giant "!" on my screen, but perhaps some kind of blip or momentary reveal of the zombie/player could work.

There are audio cues for zombies such as heightened aggression noises as they get closer, not to mention the "BRIIING!!" shock noise.

I'm not sure if I would like footstep sound effects myself.

I mean, on one hand it would give purpose to sneaking. Masking your footsteps to get the jump on other players or evade them all together.

On the other hand, with the sheer volume of zombies present on the screen at one time and with the amount of walking and running you do in Zomboid....

I think constantly hearing "clop clop clop clop clop clop clop clop clop clop" would drive me batty!

Imagine each zombie having a footstep sound. Then being followed by 20 of them.

I definitely agree sound plays a huge part in immersion and atmosphere. But I'm not sure if footstep sfx would be "good" or "bad" for my Zomboid experience.

Perhaps if sound had a visual representation. For example, a player running would give a visual cue. Imagine similar to the UFO or X-Com series where an audible enemy is represented by a "!" in the general direction.

Obviously I don't want a giant "!" on my screen, but perhaps some kind of blip or momentary reveal of the zombie/player could work.

*I chuckled quietly to myself, my co-workers just looked at me with the oddest look. 

That would make me cringe, a horde of zombies with footsteps. So, I suppose it's better with some aspects of the game! 

We're currently in the process of getting more SFX made :)

Thanks for the feedback, Mash. I have to say, I have really been enjoying this game a lot! :)

Archived