My suggestion is to add smoke grenades. Both military and homemade. Like the m18 or the l83a1 at military depos and police station. But for the homemade ones you'll need saltpeter, sugar, a frying pan, a can, some string, a frying pan, heat source and a cooling storage. First you'll have to mix the sugar and potassium nitrate, then heat the mix up and cool it down. Then just set it on fire and your done. Got no idea what use smoke grenades would but why not ;D

Use for a smoke grenade? PvP.

Maybe also as a smoke cover so zombies coudn't see you? Also works for the smell and maybe a little for sound. So as a cover or a distraction if the zombies woud be attracted to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes zombies like smoking ... Haven't you seen them smoking ... that is why some of them drop cigarettes ( No it is not because they had them with them when they were alive) . So I guess If they see smoke they shall run there to breath some of the smoke and to attack the man who created the smoke.

Yes zombies like smoking ... Haven't you seen them smoking ... that is why some of them drop cigarettes ( No it is not because they had them with them when they were alive) . So I guess If they see smoke they shall run there to breath some of the smoke and to attack the man who created the smoke.

Yeah, I've caught a few of them doing it too. I started a "Quit smoking" campaign on my save. 1 out of 10 actually quit smoking. I'm making progress.

I guess they didn;t smoke when they were alive in order not to harm their health. Now that they are dead there is no need for them to keep a healthy living. So just now we found out that When the drug dealer profession is complete you may be able to make some deals with the zombies and give them drugs in so that they don't attack you. 

Anyway smoke grenade is a good idea in general as it will be able to lure zombies to a certain place.

Would be nice give a look at examples in others games, 3D but 2D style, has in Shadowrun returns, for example.

I think this kind of nade has use more for pvp, to block the enemy's aim and to help when you need to flee, the area covered by the smoke go turning smoothly to black in the back part of the player perspective, just like trees and other structures in the PZ.

When the player is inside of the AOE hes vision gets all blured, but still can see, maybe like 40%

To zombies i think, the effect should be just like flares in the others games, because the sound is continuous and has no explosion.  

They are attracted while the nade is active then they return into their normal state, dispersing a little.

But they can't see through the smoke too, of course.

A good combo would be thermal vision+smoke nade, in thermal mode you see players but not zombies. 

Flash nade is basically temporary blindness, deal some damege if hit too close of the opponent, and do alot noise so it has an considerable aggro to zombies.