The upcoming trapping system...

Rikashey

Was anyone else expecting actual traps like bear traps, homemade nail caltrops, nail planks, pits, etc?

I was looking forward to the pvp aspect of traps not small game animal.

I just think we don't quite need more food options atm.

Honestly, we didn't need the new food options from last update since most all of the new food is perishable and spoils within a few days due to the electricity cutting out.

What we really need is ways to preserve the food that we already have.

I dunno... maybe I'm one of the few that is waiting for more ways to deal with other players and ways to protect safehouses.

come on Rik, think ahead in the game. when NPC's eventually hit the game, food will not be as plentiful as it is now.

does no good to try and set up food storage if you can't find any food to store. every little morsel they add will get eaten, there will be no way to have too much food unless you set the sandbox settings on "Abundant".

with the upcoming trapping/hunting system, the traps will need bait, which will further reduce the food you have on hand.

That's why I said trapping and not hunting, it'll be small traps for small animal (as I said too, rabbit, squirrel...), so nothing like bear trap and stuff, not a PVP stuff.

This is more oriented for coop MP, everyone need to be specialized a bit, it's pretty hard to do everything on your own, but a good trapper could provide a tons of food with some luck.

As stated by RJ, bear traps wouldn't make much sense without bears.
Those are coming with the hunting update as things go.

There will be the things you desire. Just not when you exactly want them :P

As stated by RJ, bear traps wouldn't make much sense without bears.

Those are coming with the hunting update as things go.

There will be the things you desire. Just not when you exactly want them :P

With all the car talk, maybe they want them traps to catch one! :P

Archived