(For Future NPC's) Cannibalism

KristopherF

I think adding Cannibalism to the mix of options to interact with NPC's would havefer a very dark but realistic way to play the game. We see it in the TWD, and it is logical that some may resort to that in a zombie-apoc if a person or persons were extremely wicked and/or on the brink of starvation. I would say implement a certain increase in the chances of becoming sick if your character is eating human-flesh, but for that chance to decrease over time as your character becomes used to it.

Suggestions or ideas anyone ?

idk, they have put a list of yes and nos in the game. just in case you haven't read it - here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

they didn't say anything about cannibalism so maybe its a "maybe". in my opinion, its both good and a bad idea to have this included in the game. good for adults because it does add more realism to the game and we do enjoy this stuff, bad for the kids because errr (common sense).

I wouldn't say this is a game for children anyway ;)

I'd be fine with cannibalism as long as it provides negative modifiers the first times you do it. Maybe add a new kind of moodlet, 'disgusted', I reckon the average joe would be quite disgusted with the prospect of it, even if they had to. After the pretty arbitrarily set number of instances (perhaps variable according to traits picked and other things) cannibalism may become a nonissue and provides no (or smaller) negative modifiers.

Npcs, unless practising cannibalism themselves should react negatively to this behaviour. However npcs shouldn't know you are a cannibal unless they themselves see it or infer it somehow. Npcs knowing you are a cannibal without any way of them knowing is immersion breaking.

Maybe you can start with a trait that let's you practice cannibalism without negative modifiers from the start. Or a trait that lowers the number of instances of cannibalism needed to be practiced before it becomes a nonissue.

Off topic: not explicitly related to this, a trait that lowers the time it takes for you to stop becoming panicked when looking at walkers.

B-but your living in a forest, surrounded by mother nature, with natural berries, wild game, fish in the local river...

Not to mention canned food even after the electricity will be shut off.

You can even farm your own food.

Why eat people? :???:

I am glad someone did the treasure hunt to find that thread from December :D And I realize that one got locked. I suppose this may be too much , Really you can blame The Walking Dead for this lightbulb :D

I actually thought I saw it on the commonly suggested thread and so did others in that post. That's what I originally was going to link to. Thought I'd save everyone some time by finding it. :D