Server connection failure

kozel

Question

Hey Indie Stone!

The problem is that i can not connect to my PZ server, as well as the others.

I use 'iwillbackupmysave' branch. When i try to connect, my server's console says: brr!

http://savepic.org/5225658.htm and disconnects me.

I tried to reinstall the game (&I removed the game folder in userdata too) but this didnt help me at all.

It's important to say that ~a week ago i was able to play on my server (so the problem is not with my internet connection)

Hope u will help me.

64bit Windows 7, game ports forwarded

According to this the out-of-memory error can happen when the database file can't be created.

I wonder if it doesn't like your username?

Try changing your server .bat file like this (just add the "-Duser.home=D:/pzhome" text):

... -Duser.home=D:/pzhome zombie.network.GameServer

Create the directory D:/pzhome then start the server.

To be clear, you deleted the entire folder Zomboid in users/yourusername/Zomboid? Seems at first glance to be a LUA problem. Will look into this more when I get home this afternoon- just remind me.

Sorry for the slow support- the fact of the matter is there's a million things that can go wrong hosting servers, most of which are used error, and we don't really have time to diagnose them all. Hosting a server is really for the technically competent who can diagnose their own problems, etc.

That being said, I'll do my best to try to help you out.

To be clear, you deleted the entire folder Zomboid in users/yourusername/Zomboid? Seems at first glance to be a LUA problem. Will look into this more when I get home this afternoon- just remind me.

Sorry for the slow support- the fact of the matter is there's a million things that can go wrong hosting servers, most of which are used error, and we don't really have time to diagnose them all. Hosting a server is really for the technically competent who can diagnose their own problems, etc.

That being said, I'll do my best to try to help you out.

Of course I did:)

This problem isn't single - i've heard a lot about this in different PZ communities. Anyway, thank you for reply, hope this will be fixed)

Posted · Hidden by Rathlord, April 1, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Rathlord, April 1, 2014 - No reason given

Since you've switched builds several times it's really hard to determine what's actually going on here- there's no error in your console, just a disconnect notice. It looks like one of the bugs we're aware of, but you've said you reinstalled the game and trashed the /Zomboid folder, and that should have nixed it.

Can you try these steps in this order (exactly):

1) Delete the Project Zomboid game files manually (don't uninstall via Steam, it sometimes doesn't fully remove the game)

2) Delete the /Zomboid/ folder in your username directory

3) Opt in to the most recent test build (should be 25c I believe)

4) Install the game again

5) Try to connect to a server (and make sure it's a server that's on 25c)

There are a lot of servers on a lot of different builds right now, so your problem may well be that you're trying to connect to servers that aren't on the same version as you.

Can you double-check that your world.db file exists in %username%/Zomboid/db/world.db?

I can't remember whether 25a recreates world.db or not as later versions do.

It does exist but it's empty. (This could appear after selecting other PZ branches, i tried different game versions after this fail)

//also tried to remove world.db file in gamedir - nothing changed at all:(

Since you've switched builds several times it's really hard to determine what's actually going on here- there's no error in your console, just a disconnect notice. It looks like one of the bugs we're aware of, but you've said you reinstalled the game and trashed the /Zomboid folder, and that should have nixed it.

Can you try these steps in this order (exactly):

1) Delete the Project Zomboid game files manually (don't uninstall via Steam, it sometimes doesn't fully remove the game)

2) Delete the /Zomboid/ folder in your username directory

3) Opt in to the most recent test build (should be 25c I believe)

4) Install the game again

5) Try to connect to a server (and make sure it's a server that's on 25c)

There are a lot of servers on a lot of different builds right now, so your problem may well be that you're trying to connect to servers that aren't on the same version as you.

I also tried to connect to my own server with the same results, so that's not the game version's problem.

1) Done

2) Done

3) I haven't found the 25c build in steam spreadsheet [Only on piratebay, lol] (There is only 23, 23a - UNSTABLE and 25b - UNSTABLE). So this time I try 25b. What do I have to do to get 25c build?

4) Done

5).....and I get life-long 'Connecting'.

http://i062.radikal.ru/1404/b2/d38e7ae9df5e.png

Em, the only thing which uses not latin alphabet and caps is my username (I use cyrillic) ... but i don't know how to easily change it without problems.

I'm not a gamedev of corse, but everything works good on 'onlinetest' build so maybe this cant be a coding error.

Your username in Project Zomboid? That could be causing problems. Otherwise, as of your latest error log, there's no errors coming up. The taking forever to connect thing is something we're aware of and trying to sort out, all I can recommend is trying different servers.