Zombies, Walls, and Fears

Etsamaru

Can zombies break player built walls?

Here's the thing. I see a ton of player made forts, where they just wall off an area and become invincible.

I think it's very important that the zombies can bust these walls down.

At lower levels the walls are full of gaps and holes. The zombies should be able to see you through these gaps and just start pounding on the walls.

In multiplayer this is even more noticable when people build super forts out of low level walls and never ever die.

We should have to use better walls to even stand a chance, and brace the walls.

I'm pretty sure this is planned but I feel like it is really important to have happen soon. People are just too cozy behind their walls made out of sticks. Especially in Multiplayer.

I posted this in suggestions but it also applies here with some new details.

As it stands multiplayer is way way easier than single player. I worry that the newer players are going to get so used to multiplayer's easiness, that when it is made harder people are going to be mad about it. 

I just find it really strange how easy it is to just get some tools and throw up walls and just feel 100% safe behind it. At least at low levels.

What do you guys think? 

AFAIK, all player made items (walls,crates,chairs,tables,wood pillars.....)

are destructible if enough zombies start head banging together.

^This 

and multiplayer being easy doesnt come from the fact that you can build stuff ... 

its more the simple truth of zombies being extremely easy at the moment in both MP and SP 

(unless you make them superhuman, fast shambler, insane amount ... and even then its still survivable)

plus ... player constructions work the same in MP and SP

but i admit that i think lower lvl carpentry (especially) walls have to be made alot weaker towards both zed and player attacks 

the above is all considered my own humble opinion  (tophat)

and with no support posts except the ones in the corner. you're right, it is strange.

but of course, we have to remember how far along the game is in development, and understand there is still a LOT to come. so maybe in the future we won't be building such an improbably strong fence the way we do now.

honestly I don´t know.

when I was a kid, my father built us a wooden house from scratch. he went to the home depot, got the planks and posts etc and hammered together pretty much something like this:

http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/109345-438x.jpg

he was no carpenter and I Seriously doubt zombies could tear it down.but a wallthat just gets planted on flat groun without supportive structure: absolutely , just topple it over.

postst should need concrete and spade and a bucket and water to be of any use regarding stregthening and supporting a wall 

Archived