A unique skill for characters with level 10 in any field

Unamelable

Now when a character reaches level 10 in any of the skills, he gets only passive boosts. I think it would be logical to assume that the character will be able to learn something - something unique that will greatly simplify his life for such a long grind of this skill.

Fitness - The character can regenerate stamina passively (without having to sit).

Strength - Things become 2 times lighter. Foot hits always kill.

Construction - The character mines more resources from the disasemble. Has a 40% chance to save resources when building

Cooking - A character can cook human meat

Farming - Planted seeds from LVL10 give disease resistance, more fruitful crops, and the plant grows faster.

First aid - The character can set the bone back into place.

Electronics - Gives the ability to install an advanced generator that will supply the entire city with electricity. Allows you to turn on the water supply.

Gas Cooker - Allows a character to convert metal into specific pieces from a sheet of metal, or small sheets.

Auto-mechanic - Instantly hotwire a car, can carry an entire engine.

Tinkerer - Gives you the ability to sew up unstitched items and bring them back to factory appearance

Accuracy - Allows for the occasional instant kill of a zombie from any melee

Reloading - Allows the character to load 2 rounds at once (sometimes)

Fishing - Has increased chance of finding worms, gets more fish in nets. Has an increased chance of finding a big catch

Trapping - Allows you to create traps for zombies

Gathering - Character is more likely to find items regardless of negative skills or weather conditions

Running - Character will never trip on fences

Light run - Character walks much faster than a crouch

Agility - If a character is snagged by a zombie, he can throw it over his shoulder or dodge in front of him

Stealth - Character doesn't make sounds when walking and sitting down, zombies forget where the player was much faster

Axes -Character chops down trees faster, almost no stamina spent

Long blunt - Character has an increased chance of knocking a zombie to the floor

Short blunt - Same

Long blade - Character flips off zombies by killing from the front

Short blade - The character knows the best vulnerability to immobilize a zombie in a single stab

Spear - Wooden spears are twice as strong, attaching damaged tools to the spears does not reduce the overall quality of the scraped spear

Lets assume that we have chosen a character for the profession of mechanic. Then when reaching level 10 he will open a unique ability. While when reaching level 10 in other skills he will not be given a unique skill.

Edited by Unamelable

33 minutes ago, getstoopid said:

Jup other than building lvl3 walls (and just because they don't look crappy) there is no real reason to lvl beyond 7

One person made a hilarious joke on Youtube that at level 10 Carpentry you build a set of stairs so perfect God weeps and let's you build them all the way to heaven.

Sounds like quite a deal.

I like the idea of skill completion rewards but tbh cannibalism doesn't sound like something that'd require level 10 cooking, and we already do passively regen stamina when walking and not overburdened. 

We also already have crits and the like as 'instant kills'.

Love the idea, think the actual perks you get from it should be reworked.

Edited by PoshRocketeer

2 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

Tbh, why isn't there?

Absolutely, there sadly just isn't at the moment.

My idea for lvl10 cooking would be a flat bonus to every meal of 20 boredom- and 20 unhappiness reduction and also +1 ingredient.

Guess that would make it a pretty awesome reward

2 hours ago, getstoopid said:

Absolutely, there sadly just isn't at the moment.

My idea for lvl10 cooking would be a flat bonus to every meal of 20 boredom- and 20 unhappiness reduction and also +1 ingredient.

Guess that would make it a pretty awesome reward

I have to agree, being able to make a larger meal is a huge deal.

• 4 months later...

While I don't agree with every single sub-suggestion here verbatim. I very much support this idea. It always felt a bit underwhelming when you grind to level 10 (and it takes forever on some skills) and you don't get much of a reward for it. I also might suggest that some level 10 skills could have synergy.

The Mechanic suggestion should also have a certain stength requirement.

The Axes suggestion should have a stamina requirement

etc...

I think combining skills would also add some goals to the end-game, which the game is severely lacking (I know b42 plans to address this).