How large was the largest natural horde you've come across?

GodWaffle

Hi guys, just wondering whether any of you have (in the most recent builds) come across any massive hordes naturally (not from gunfire)? I seem to find about maybe 30 zombies in an area at max but never anything like the hordes I used to see in earlier builds (the ones that were round every corner).  Just wondering if these exist at all? I would love to see a huge screen filling horde haha.

And for a dev if they read this, what would you say is the maximum number of zombies that could be rendered at a time without too significant a performance hit? Would a horde of 1000 be possible?

Thanks,

-GodWaffle

A few hundred in a single group, defined as all the zombies that can come towards gunfire. I made an effort to make a larger horde, but had to merk out because shit got a little hairy. Conservatively, I'd say I was looking at at least 200 zombies.

In muldraugh, I tend to find groups like this strung all along the highway. I could imagine with some corralling one could run around and group up a whole lot of em.

Hmm perhaps I've been really unlucky (in a sense), I tried making a horde myself by firing off shotguns around West Point but really didn't draw any more than around 60.. but naturally never seen that many in recent builds :(

Put the game on insane zombies and try firing a shotgun near a hardware store in WP, i guarantee ull see quite a lot of zombie (some might get stuck on windows tho), or just visit giga mart.

Archived