Hello, I'm new to Project Zomboid and am now traumatized.

Shivani122

This is my first time playing Project Zomboid, and I played the tutorial, and I am horrified. So, as a beginner, I'd want some assistance in creating a new save file. I'm astonished I killed three zombies in the tour; I didn't think I had the guts. I'm terrified yet having a good time at the same time-

So I performed the stuff till I got to the moment where you had to press q, I did it, I regretted it, the first thing I wanted to do was hide in the beginning house, but then a horde came in as I was leaping over the fence where you killed the father. I had to shoot, and I kept shooting until I was exhausted, at which point I fled to the forest. When I first saw the Fence, I believed it had a gate. Keep in mind that I assumed this was the start of my quest, but it wasn't. I went through every wall and gate of this godforsaken place. That's when I realized I was supposed to die. If zombies don't get me, famine will, those were the words that crossed my head and sent shivers up my spine. So I quit the game... okay, I want to start a new one where you can survive, but I need help deciding which one is best for me.

Thank You. 19216811.mx

Welcome to PZ =) Have much fun losing and restarting while slowly climbing up the ladder to mastering the apocalypse ;) If you need help or have questions feel free to ask or browse through the posts here. Many of your first questions will already be answered somewhere for sure.

...ah forgot - I'd recommend playing around with sandbox settings until it suits your playstyle.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to survive longer and zombies are the thing killing you: try Builder. Or try 'custom sandbox' and then select the 'Initial Infection' preset. That particular preset is the gentlest way into the game other than playing with no zombies. Also great for just relaxing, exploring, and base building.

That is actually a troll tutorial quest

With the intention of spawning massive horde to kill you. 

You can also do a "Quiet Shout" by crouching first then pressing shout button.

This is great way to see if there are zombies hiding on otherside of a door

Make sure you wait 8 - 10s before opening door

On 5/9/2023 at 3:33 AM, Shivani122 said:

This is my first time playing Project Zomboid, and I played the tutorial, and I am horrified. So, as a beginner, I'd want some assistance in creating a new save file. I'm astonished I killed three zombies in the tour; I didn't think I had the guts. I'm terrified yet having a good time at the same time-

So I performed the stuff till I got to the moment where you had to press q, I did it, I regretted it, the first thing I wanted to do was hide in the beginning house, but then a horde came in as I was leaping over the fence where you killed the father. I had to shoot, and I kept shooting until I was exhausted, at which point I fled to the forest. When I first saw the Fence, I believed it had a gate. Keep in mind that I assumed this was the start of my quest, but it wasn't. I went through every wall and gate of this godforsaken place. That's when I realized I was supposed to die. If zombies don't get me, famine will, those were the words that crossed my head and sent shivers up my spine. So I quit the game... okay, I want to start a new one where you can survive, but I need help deciding which one is best for me.

Thank You. 19216811.mx

Welcome!

I started with Vanilla Custom Sandbox, only changing the day length to 2 hours, the start time to 5am (to catch Life and Living on TV at 6am the first day), and MiniMap on. 

Just what I did - play it however you’d like. I might eventually tone down the difficulty, but I don’t mind dying if I’ve lived well.

Archived