Can't open the game.

RyDeR

Question

When I launch the game it remains stuck at loading characters texturespack and looks like this.

1J7CIEp.jpg

I don't know what to do, I tried everything I saw on forums and other places.

Also, I tried the demo and it worked a little but when I put it to fullscreen from windowed it started to give me this error.

Where'd you update your drivers from, what version is the driver, and what is your graphics card?

But, in the meantime, you can also try this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6093-build-23-game-hangs-after-alpha-warning-screen/?p=81662 Really, it should only be applicable if you can't hear the music or see the buttons, but I guess it can't  hurt to try.

You need to follow our instructions for us to be able to do something. The map not loading text is nothing- it shows up for every single person go plays PZ.

I followed all the instructions you gaved me, it didn't changed a thing, I just made a progress, I wasn't able to get into the menu, now I can, but when I try to start a new game , after the thing with "This is how you died." it gives me a black or white screen, tried a lot of things to make it work, nothing helped.

Yeah, I have an Intel HD Graphics card, and  there are no updates for it, so it is like "up-to-date". xD

EDIT:

Tried  the -nosound files, I can hear the music and environment, like it is night, you know what I mean, the screen remains white though.

Problem solved, I deleted the Zomboid folder from Users.

EDIT: Now I can't play the game because when I start it gives me a black screen but I can hear the music. 

Oo8irpW.jpg

This is a screenshot where it says that the spawn points are not found.

81nAIPj.jpg

I tried to start a new game with zoom disabled and it gaved me a white screen.

OApfkEX.jpg

So I finally took the leap of faith and uninstalled my graphics driver which then allowed me to install a more recent driver. This was still a samsung driver as the intel workarounds weren't working for me.

However, I managed to update a driver from 2010 to one dated 2012. And now I have had a quick game of project zomboid (demo).

It worked!!!!!

I'll continue with a few games of the demo to see how it works out for me (I'll tweak the settings as well to see which is best) but I quite like the feeling of utter hopelessness from the outset. 

I can see me making a purchase in the very near future. :-D

The bad news is that I can't find an up to date driver for you -- the last one I could find on Intel is from 2011, which is the one I believe you have. =/

You could try installing an i3 Clarkdale driver (as your Pentium should be equivalent), but I'm not sure there's any options beyond this. =/

I don't get a "happy little baloon" in the task bar when I open the game from Steam, same when I open it from the bat file.

Here's a screenshot of what I get when I run it from the bat file:

8qF0Bms.jpg

I'm having the same issues. Intel HD card. The main problem I'm having is that when I try to update the intel graphics driver it tells me that this update is not authorised on my samsung laptop. So I have the most up to date drivers available on my laptop (through the samsung website). I'm sure theres a work around involving removal and reinstallation of drivers but I'm not very gifted with computers and fear I could end up breaking my computer.

I'm very keen to try this game out but I'm just not managing to run it.   :sad:

Archived