MP suggestion: Game master

Suomiboi

I know that there are many P&P players among us who love zomboid, so this is a suggestion that popped up to my mind from that point of view. Now it could be a mod, but I could actually see something like this in vanilla also.

To the point. You as a server admin would get a list of events that would tie into the meta game system and would be able to execute them as you wish, while observing the gameplay of others. So effectively be the Sadistic AI yourself. This could work in a similar fashion to how events are executed in eg. EU4.

For example, you open up the console and type in "event 1026 15x5" this would cause an NPC to travel to that cell and start looking for certain types of loot determined by that event or for example try to find other player's safe houses to loot.

Another part could be narrative. The radio system that will some day be introduced could work as an excellent immersive platform for this. The game master could write stories that are then played on the radio as hints for the player that something is about to happen.

Eg. The game master has decided to send a helicopter shooting raid to a player safe house location and writes to the radio or global chat if that's his preference, as the pilot who's scouring the area: "If there are any survivors in the vicinity of the greater warehouse in Muldraugh district please avoid the area. We are doing a military sweep of the area and all in the vicinity will be considered an enemy to the state." or something like that. The possibilities are endless. :P

Now the thing is I don't know how the meta-game will be executed, but if events will have a name and possibilities to appoint a location and/or an in-game "executer" :D this could be a distant possibility.

More suggestions and criticism/comments are welcomed, but remember to keep it lovely. <3

This is actually planned. :) Read NPCin' section here:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/12/scavenging-of-the-neo-kind/

It goes without saying such a system may lead to other interesting ways to play the game in future!

The Games Master would effectively be playing a TCG of sorts, dealing card effects from their hand out to players in the world. Taking control, in effect, of the Sadistic AI Director. But it would be trivial to have an 'unlimited' mode of it where all cards were available to the GM at any time.

This is actually planned. :) Read NPCin' section here:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/12/scavenging-of-the-neo-kind/

It goes without saying such a system may lead to other interesting ways to play the game in future!

The Games Master would effectively be playing a TCG of sorts, dealing card effects from their hand out to players in the world. Taking control, in effect, of the Sadistic AI Director. But it would be trivial to have an 'unlimited' mode of it where all cards were available to the GM at any time.

You guys are awesome!!! <3

Yea, I've read the Mondoid a couple of times :P and that's partly why I suggested this. I just thought that this kind of system would be possible with the type of system you're doing.