Blade weapons getting stuck in zombies.

Irken Empire

- Hitting a zombie with a meat cleaver, hammer, machete, crowbar, axe, plank give you the same vibe, you boink them on their heads and it all feels like you hit them with a blunt objecte so yeah that could be improved too, the main thing is some of these sharp/bladed weapons should get stuck in a zombie just like a knife does when you do the jaw stab animation and you lose a knife because it's stuck in the zombies head, that is until you loot it back from the body.
- Now with these weapons the odds are you're more likely to have your weapon stuck in a zombie if it's heavy and can pack a punch, the top candidates are wood axe, the axe, meat cleaver and a machete, this is mostly from the experience, I've used all four of them.
- Working with large amounts of raw meat in restoraunts I've had the oppertunity to use a meat cleaver, they are really heavy and exhausting for the arm, the more body weight and muscle you have the easier it is to use, but they are still heavy and the whole design is made for cutting bones, if you used a meat cleaver on a zombies the odds are you won't struggle killing it, you'd stuggle with talking it out, a lot of weapons have these crit animations where your character violently swings a weapon, if you really did that you'd have your cleaver half way through the zombies but that's also where it would be staying if you didn't retrieve it from a zombie that's no longer trying to nible on you, and if you did strike it in the head it would be the almost the same story if you can't pull it out of a falling corpse.
- Wood axe, the big red axe and machete would work in the same principle only one would he it better than the other, the wood axe would be really strong but there is no doubt that you'd be having trouble taking it out once you slash it through a zombie, pickaxe too, now the hand axe wouldn't be so much of a trouble, they are really light for their deadliness , but that still doesn't mean they wouldn't get stuck once in a while.
-Obviously strenght, overall weight and level of the weapons class will affect this but 0/10

- Now why I think this fits the game and why it should be added. I've seen where the devs were/are heading with this game and quite frankly you're not a hero in this dying world, in this story, but you sure can take an axe with some moderate levels in it with maintance and clear a whole town like Muldraugh in a week, month tops, why have a cure to the zombie virus when it already exists, a beautiful high damage dealing no consequence to attacking axe and a machete with zombie's name on them, oooh right ther's that feature that teleports in new zombies every three days in areas unseen in the last 16 hours, that shure is fun! a Superman stuck in a world with ever spawning clash of clans skeletons (yeah not the best metaphor but it works). This would add some balance to the OP legacy of sharp/bladed weapons, even at level 0 they are 300% better and worth using over a hammer/crowbar etc. for clearing out places and general combat.

14 minutes ago, Bullet_Magnate said:

I like the idea.  Maybe higher skill could mean a lower chance of bladed weapons becoming stuck.  

Yes, as I've mentioned above weapon skill, overall weight and strenght as 3 main factors, 4th is the weapon mass as it would be harder to pull out heavy weapons that got stuck.

Hell yeah, love the idea but then again I can already hear them "Why can't I use two wood axes akimbo style and spit fire by breathing in bourbon before to prevent getting eaten because my crowbar was stuck in a zombies head? Which is ridiculous btw given the shape and state of decay of said head and so on... rant... whine... the game was much better when I could herobrawl them zombie hordes down" *g

9 hours ago, getstoopid said:

Hell yeah, love the idea but then again I can already hear them "Why can't I use two wood axes akimbo style and spit fire by breathing in bourbon before to prevent getting eaten because my crowbar was stuck in a zombies head? Which is ridiculous btw given the shape and state of decay of said head and so on... rant... whine... the game was much better when I could herobrawl them zombie hordes down" *g

XD I can already imagine that, problem is combat wise it's not science fiction, if anyone here had to prepear firewood they they'll be familiar with how wood axes gets stuck in a log, if they don't then the best we can do is have them the option to disable this feature in the sandbox menue, I'm familiar with the fact that someone prefers to have multihit on or off and so on, so sandbox is there for them to talior their desired game.