Addition for skilled tailors.

Irken Empire

A skilled tailor could and should be able to cut off a part of clothing that hasn't been damaged and use that part to repair the same part of another existing clothing of the same type. Basically salvage parts of other clothes (same type) to replace the damage on the ones you want to repair (again has to be the same type of clothes), but for this you have to have tailoring lvl 7+. I was playing six months later and every zombie has clothes damaged arond 50% or below, thankfuly stomping and blunt weapons saved some of the clothes condition, but still if it's not 100% it can still leave you prone on some places.
Also I think this wound make it more grind worthy to reach those high levels of tailoring.

This would be a good idea if it restores condition beyond what repairing holes does at level 8+, because at that point you can repair holes in clothing without it showing a hole anymore (it doesn't even show that it's patched) and then put patches on the clothing to give it a boost to defenses. As far as I can tell, condition doesn't actually do anything to clothing as long as there's no holes (leveled tailor to 10 about 10 times now).

So just patch up your clothing when you get to 8+ and try to ignore the low condition bar if you can.

On 11/13/2022 at 2:14 PM, Drakkar77 said:

As far as I can tell, condition doesn't actually do anything to clothing as long as there's no holes (leveled tailor to 10 about 10 times now).

Well, I don't know if it's a bug, but I sometimes notice that although I repaired a piece of clothing the condition bar doesn't go up and some of tha clothing's statistics are lowered (insulation, wind rsistance, etc.) when compared with undamaged their counterparts. On the other hand those are just the visual statistics and I'm not sure about their application in practice.

20 hours ago, TheUltiM8Guy said:

Well, I don't know if it's a bug, but I sometimes notice that although I repaired a piece of clothing the condition bar doesn't go up and some of tha clothing's statistics are lowered (insulation, wind rsistance, etc.) when compared with undamaged their counterparts. On the other hand those are just the visual statistics and I'm not sure about their application in practice.

The ability to patch holes and bring condition of the item to full depends on chars' Tailoring skill.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:55 AM, TheUltiM8Guy said:

Really? That would actually be a good thing since you want to lower the insulation on clothing sometimes. You should be able to tell the difference if you compare the two pieces in the temperature screen. Just take everything else off of that location.

Edited by Drakkar77