FPS Drop in zone after I kill Z multiple times to clear

GigiGamer87

Hi, I ever had 60 fps, but I noticed that after multiple times of Z respawn in certain part of map where I kill the most amount of Z to clean the road near safehouse, the FPS drop to 25/20. Is there some solution/workaround? (I don't know, for example delete some cache)

Hello, this is indeed caused by blood decals (and ash decals if you burn zombies). I've reported this issue before here. The problem is that blood and ash leftover after killing zombies never go away and as you kill more zombies in the same area those decals pile up and cause framerate drop. Currently the workaround is as Hugo stated to turn down blood decals in the settings... or grab an entire trunk of bleach and a broom and do some cleaning :D.

This could be fixed in a future update by having blood and ash wash away with rain.

9 hours ago, GKuba said:

Hello, this is indeed caused by blood decals (and ash decals if you burn zombies). I've reported this issue before here. The problem is that blood and ash leftover after killing zombies never go away and as you kill more zombies in the same area those decals pile up and cause framerate drop. Currently the workaround is as Hugo stated to turn down blood decals in the settings... or grab an entire trunk of bleach and a broom and do some cleaning :D.

This could be fixed in a future update by having blood and ash wash away with rain.

Yes I can confirm, I reduce blood decals in options to 20% and I restore 60 fps

Can confirm this issue. I cleared out Rosewood prison on high gore and no blood removal, my FPS with blood to 100% is ~40fps, with it turned off (0%) I get ~160fps.

The game doesn't wash away blood in the rain, so either I have to disable blood or clean the grass and concrete with bleach... LOL

I've since changed the blood removal setting in the sandbox settings but its not ideal how the game handles it currently and causes alot of poor FPS to players without knowing.

This should be a very high priority task to add blood cleaning in the rain or some other methods to reduce decals as they are VERY performance heavy.

Edited by Rsslone