Multiplayer Issue with the game itself

Cuqie

Question

When I load up Project Zomboid on the multiplayer beta my a whole bunch of errors are thrown at me. If I try to join a server I'll get the usual intro followed by a black screen with loading at the bottom. 

Here's the CMD log with the errors I get.

LOADED UP A TOTAL OF 55 TEXTURESInfo log:WARNING: 0:20: deprecated130(#55) "texture2D" is deprggest usage of "texture"WARNING: 0:23: deprecated130(#55) "texture2D" is deprggest usage of "texture"WARNING: 0:24: deprecated130(#55) "texture2D" is deprggest usage of "texture"WARNING: 0:25: deprecated130(#55) "texture2D" is deprggest usage of "texture"WARNING: 0:26: deprecated130(#55) "texture2D" is deprggest usage of "texture"Error: Kate_2(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Kate_2(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Vest_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Vest_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Trousers_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Trousers_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Hair_Long2_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Hair_Long2_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Vest_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Vest_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Trousers_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Trousers_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Hair_Long2_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: F_Hair_Long2_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Male_5(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Male_5(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Shirt_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Shirt_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Trousers_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Trousers_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Hair_Baldspot_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Hair_Baldspot_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Shirt_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Shirt_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Trousers_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Trousers_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Hair_Baldspot_White(Strafe_Aim_Stab) not foundError: Hair_Baldspot_White(Walk_Aim_Stab) not foundreturn code: 0ID_CONNECTION_REQUEST_ACCEPTEDLOADED UP A TOTAL OF 124 TEXTURESFeb 17, 2014 1:24:44 PM zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingSEVERE: nulljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\James\Zomboidy_ C hassio\map_cm.bin (Access is denied)        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputSt        at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(G        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\James\Zomboidy_ C hassio\map_ver.bin (Access is denied)        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputSt        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:867        at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(G        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)Exception in thread "GameLoadingThread" java.lang.Nul        at zombie.ui.TutorialManager.CreateQuests(Tut        at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(G        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)Delay processing packet of type 25 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 25 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 25 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 25 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 79 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 25 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 25 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 79 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 79 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading gameDelay processing packet of type 12 while loading game

These delays continue endlessly

I would really appreciate some help on how to possibly fix this.

12 answers to this question

Keep waiting until you log into the game. It happened to me too a lot during closed testing, although everytime I managed to log in.

It might have something to do with how far are you from the server, or what your ping is, honestly no idea, but as long as the game does not crash on you during login attempt, you should be fine. Just be a little patient.

Any idea how long I should wait, I've tried waiting about 15minutes with no success. If it takes much longer I can't see myself waiting as long every time I want to play :/

it really kind of depends :/

For example, I've ran out of patience waiting while trying to log in on my friend's server that he set up, meanwhile when I tried to join the public server that someone set up, it joined within 15-30 seconds of waiting.

I don't know what it depends on, honestly.

Keep waiting until you log into the game. It happened to me too a lot during closed testing, although everytime I managed to log in.

It might have something to do with how far are you from the server, or what your ping is, honestly no idea, but as long as the game does not crash on you during login attempt, you should be fine. Just be a little patient.

Any idea how long I should wait, I've tried waiting about 15minutes with no success. If it takes much longer I can't see myself waiting as long every time I want to play :/

it really kind of depends :/

For example, I've ran out of patience waiting while trying to log in on my friend's server that he set up, meanwhile when I tried to join the public server that someone set up, it joined within 15-30 seconds of waiting.

I don't know what it depends on, honestly.

I just left it trying to load in the background after about 20minutes I got ID_CONNECTION_LOST, guess it's to be expected at such an early stage. Thanks for your help.

Judging by the map errors you're getting, I'm going to go with "\Zomboid y_ C hassio" isn't a valid filepath and needs to be renamed or deleted.

You can find it in %username%\zomboid (C:\Users\EG)

Amazing! The connection worked by leaving the username blank.

Judging by the map errors you're getting, I'm going to go with "\Zomboid y_ C hassio" isn't a valid filepath and needs to be renamed or deleted.

You can find it in %username%\zomboid (C:\Users\EG)

i cant seem to find this file can u specify a bit more?

Go to your Local Disk (C:\) then Users.

Go to the name of your currently-logged-on account.

There you will see a zomboid folder.

in Survival, Sandbox, and LastStand are your saved files - each in named folders of your choosing.

The above worked like a charm for us.  Several of us were getting "delay in processing packet x of type y" on our server ... and the game would never load.  But once the router on the server opened up both TCP & UDP, we all got in instantly.

Would ramble more but these zombies aren't going to kill themselves.

one more thing and I guess the deVs have to look at this one. if you are connected to you own server you can get multiple platers you can play depending on if someone login before you. I have 3.

This packet issue happened when my game crashed and I tried to get back in  and I could not. if you are still having this issue check under

c:\users\your username\zomboid\sandbox

you will see folders named "the ip_your username#" the last number change that and see if you can get in