Auto generated maps

Aricane

The MP featured as brilliantly teased in the latest mondoid makes me wonder about the possible perspective in procedurally generated maps. Maybe not eternally, but 10 times the size of the current map. We already have brilliant houses, roads and stuff. I'm thinking copy the current concepts of farms, houses, shops and glue them all together with roads, paths, fields and the like. We just need some transportation to cope with the size. I'm sure you all can figure out instanteously the benefits and drawbacks of auto generated maps.

I really love Muldraugh and would miss it if eventually removed, so I'm thinking it like an addition to home made maps.

To reiterate the question: What is the perspectives on a auto generating map feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely support this. Its a great idea and I hope this will one day be implemented.

As Enigma stated above, it won't happen officially. So no it won't be implemented, unless someone makes an excellent mod that the devs decide to integrate and that's semi unlikely...

The MP featured as brilliantly teased in the latest mondoid makes me wonder about the possible perspective in procedurally generated maps. Maybe not eternally, but 10 times the size of the current map. We already have brilliant houses, roads and stuff. I'm thinking copy the current concepts of farms, houses, shops and glue them all together with roads, paths, fields and the like. We just need some transportation to cope with the size. I'm sure you all can figure out instanteously the benefits and drawbacks of auto generated maps.

I really love Muldraugh and would miss it if eventually removed, so I'm thinking it like an addition to home made maps.

To reiterate the question: What is the perspectives on a auto generating map feature.

Tons of people making maps. You could make one to your fitting, a massive map. I may make one myself some day.