holsters and other ways of carrying weapons

Tooks

These have probably been discussed before but ive been thinking over ideas now we have things like twine in the game.

Crafting together a weapon like an axe or a shotgun with twine makes a weapon you can carry over your shoulder reducing it's carry weight when not in use. Additionally you can find (rarely) a holster for pistols (perhaps the police officer can start with this)

Either have new or replace the 1 and 2 quick weapon options for switching between upholstering or putting away your weapon.

For those of you who have played neo scavenger think of how weapons work in that game.

Either have new or replace the 1 and 2 quick weapon options for switching between upholstering or putting away your weapon.

I don't think upholstering your weapon would be very quick. You'd also need to have a stapler and suitable fabrics in your inventory.

I don't think upholstering your weapon would be very quick. You'd also need to have a stapler and suitable fabrics in your inventory.

I meant unholstering :P this is what I get for posting suggestions from my phone D:

I have waded in on this once, so I will do so again.  :

1.  With a belt you could attach say 5 hard points: holster, ammo pouches, d-ring (flashlight or club holder), etc.  The problem is beltss gear on them make you louder.  So expect to take a hit on your sneakyness.  Faster than taking it out of a bag.

2.  We need an option for bra pistol rig.  This has three hard points (holster and ammo).  Dont take as large of a hit to stealth.  Not as fast as taking it out of a belt holster, though it is close.

3.  Pancake holster - holds a gun at your waist line.  About as fast as a traditional hip holster for drawing your weapon

4.  Ankle Holsers - holds a gun, slower than pulling a weapon of of a bra pistol rig.

5.  Shotgun bandolier.  For ease, lets say the belt holds 20 shotgun shells.  Increases reload speed of a shotgun.  Take a hit on your nimbleness.

I would have the characters have a torso hard point and an ankle hard point.  So a player can wear a traditional belt, pistol bra , pancake holster or bandolier on the torso.  They could then have the additional ankle holster.  Ammo in either rig would increase reloading speed.

Now I have seen some movies were people strap shotgun cases to their backs, but I have never seen it on a person I have every run across.  Straps for shotguns are very common and do make them easier to carry.  However, they also get in the way.  Imagine climing through a window with a long gun a strap on it "at the ready" or running through the brush with the strap trying to grab every branch in sight.  They are nice when you are walking about but a pain in combat conditions.  If you want to use a strap with a weapon (I say attach a belt, it is already in the game) then you can draw the weapon out of your backpack faster (to simulate having it slung over your shoulder) but you take a hit to nimbleness as things tend to get snagged on it.

For balance, I would make this gear VERY rare in houses (except the belt) and rare in police stations & the Gun Store.