Dynamic View

ZedHead

The dynamic viewpoint I'm suggesting is a simple change to how your view is in the game. No this is not about changing the isometric viewpoint in anyway just how the camera/view acts depending on what may be happening. For example if your character is panicked drastically or anxious/on edge the camera can shake or react slightly. If you're overwhelmed with fear while running through a horde it can react in such a way to give you a better idea of panic during that situation. This also points toward the bonus of having the brave trait so you won't have this experience in some drastic events.The view can be involved with combat as well if you take damage or something. 

Not to mention this is just a suggestion and I know for a fact camera view is quite a sensitive topic. This is for long term if they ever decide to something like this. I'm only suggesting this since I thought it could play a nice role in PZ so please be easy on me for this. waF1Tok.gif

Let me know what you think and don't be too harsh just give some valid criticism on this idea and mainly share your thoughts upon this. fj2VgjK.gif

You've got to be joking.... that's TOTALLY unrealistic :P jk

I like the idea of the screen showing that your panicked.... I'll expand on it for tired too, maybe it could fade out a bit?

The current system works ok, you get panicked/tired then all of a sudden your bit by Zed.... Your like "WTF!.... How did I not see that guy.... OH, I'm tired" <_< .... But this this way you know your vision is reduced without having to double check your moodles & if anything making it harder to avoid the zombie you didn't see....

..... Sounds just that little bit more immersive  :)

+1

i mean its a good idea. :mrgreen:  but this shouldn't be talked about yet.  :oops:  sorry if i may be to harsh  :geek:  just trying to follow rules (tophat)

Its fine, I did state above how I know its a sensitive subject but I also said it to be in the long run not anytime soon. you're not being harsh at all and I'm not the one to pull a fuss over something like this (that's the tired me talking since I'm sure quite a few of the users here know I'm a raging teen that gets angry over nothing) but you can't make me mad since you're just stating the suggestion rules. R4eaov0.gif

If I've missed your point, could you post a quote from "How to write a good suggestion" or wherever the point is that your referring to :)

"Would it require rewriting the entire game (like changing the camera view, for instance)"

I'm sure you hit it spot on Excentric.

How is any of that rewriting the game?

I think it'd be good to add some post effects instead of relying on icon indicators (though it'd still be nice for them to be optional). Something like adding a blur or darkening vingette effect to simulate tunnel vision, or a gray-out for health loss, or having the rendered area rotate and move about randomly, as though you were drunk, but here's the trick: your key presses are related to the absolute frame, so when "left" rotates enough to be "upleft" if you keep pressing A you start moving "downleft".

So if you're like super drowsy, your screen gets blurred outside of a 1 or 2 tile radius from the player. I think it's important to have the effects be dependent on the player's location on-screen, rather than just a blanket effect.

(though it'd still be nice for them to be optional)

See this is the problem I don't like. If they were to add the option to cancel this then players who do cancel it have a upper hand and therefore the option is basically useless unless you want a handicap.

(though it'd still be nice for them to be optional)

See this is the problem I don't like. If they were to add the option to cancel this then players who do cancel it have a upper hand and therefore the option is basically useless unless you want a handicap.

I agree. But that's why it's a sensitive subject; because certain peeps will be irritated by having their vision impeded. That said, I'm a realism fan, so I'm all for it.

I'm a little sad though. I was going to use this thread to start some FPS propaganda... ;)

You can always have servers that force settings. I assume that will be possible. So it could be forced on or off, depending on players.

I think it's essential for immersion to have actual, you know, effects for things like extreme stress, beyond some otherwise unnoticable aiming penalty or whatever.

Screen shaking for an isometric game?

Heck, you can barely see the character faces, screen shaking would not be fun to see at all :P

As an average gamer, much of what I see in modern games are clutterd UI's, big ass HUD's and other screen hogging elements which somewhat break immersion and I count pseudo-visuals to be included in them.

Normal to the eye visuals and sensible to the ear audio all the way.

Screen shaking for an isometric game?

Heck, you can barely see the character faces, screen shaking would not be fun to see at all :P

That was a example not single feature. You can have plenty of screen FX that don't involve the screen doing any sort of movement.