I made a introductory video to PZ, feedback?

You've got a great voice for videos!

Over all really liked it, think it's a great 'first impressions' perspective for the game. One note is that playing "Sandbox" mode offers you a whole host of different difficulty tweaks other than just the reloading; Survival is there as the 'proper' experience, and Sandbox for people who want to customize both challenge and style to their tastes.

I look forward to seeing what else you do, and if you ever have any questions about PZ don't hesitate to ask!

If you need any hints or tips everyone here on the forums will help you out :) A good first look. Just wanted to let you know that seeds should be kept until you get a trowel! Use the trowel to till the ground and then plant the seeds. You can use a shovel to remove crops if they become stunted or diseased. Also your character has lots of skills and there is a decent amount of in-game info available. Press J to bring up the character window and from here you can check out: time survived, zombies killed, all of your skills and skill points (this is also where you level up your skills) and you can look in on your health too so you can make sure you aren't scratched, bitten, bleeding or injured.

Have fun, this game is very deep and very rewarding. Losing a level 10 or 20 character is just about the worst feeling ever lol There are no levels but you can count your skill points if you want. Gives it a kind of RPG feel. There are also good inventory and movement tips/tricks too that take a while to figure out...

Here are some essential ones.

Press E to open a door or attempt to open a window. Leave the animation play and your character will eventually force the window open.

Hold down E to jump through a window, climb down a rope, etc.

Rapidly tap E to smash a window.

Press J to bring up your character info tab.

Looking forward to checking out your series!

You've got a great voice for videos!

Over all really liked it, think it's a great 'first impressions' perspective for the game. One note is that playing "Sandbox" mode offers you a whole host of different difficulty tweaks other than just the reloading; Survival is there as the 'proper' experience, and Sandbox for people who want to customize both challenge and style to their tastes.

I look forward to seeing what else you do, and if you ever have any questions about PZ don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks Rathlord! I've been focusing mainly on survival because it seems to be the "proper" experience intended and I want to keep improving at it so I can last longer than 3 days haha! The sandbox sure is tempting though, I may experiment with it and see how things turn out.

If you need any hints or tips everyone here on the forums will help you out :) A good first look. Just wanted to let you know that seeds should be kept until you get a trowel! Use the trowel to till the ground and then plant the seeds. You can use a shovel to remove crops if they become stunted or diseased. Also your character has lots of skills and there is a decent amount of in-game info available. Press J to bring up the character window and from here you can check out: time survived, zombies killed, all of your skills and skill points (this is also where you level up your skills) and you can look in on your health too so you can make sure you aren't scratched, bitten, bleeding or injured.

Have fun, this game is very deep and very rewarding. Losing a level 10 or 20 character is just about the worst feeling ever lol There are no levels but you can count your skill points if you want. Gives it a kind of RPG feel. There are also good inventory and movement tips/tricks too that take a while to figure out...

Here are some essential ones.

Press E to open a door or attempt to open a window. Leave the animation play and your character will eventually force the window open.

Hold down E to jump through a window, climb down a rope, etc.

Rapidly tap E to smash a window.

Press J to bring up your character info tab.

Looking forward to checking out your series!

Thanks for the hotkeys, they'll be very useful in a pinch I bet. Also are there stat differences between bats, planks, frying pans, and golfclubs? Sometimes I run around beating zombies with a spoon, they love it when I do that :P

E - you can also use it to jump over low fences. One thing, if you rapidly tap it on a window - you will break the window, and go straight through, but may hurt yourself in the process. If you can, easier to bash a window with your bat/axe/rolling pin/frying pan

If you need to get out of a window in a hurry, tapping e fast will work on any window - if you're indoors or out, or if you're on the second floor or more.. and without a sheet rope, the design is that you'll fall from the second story, and will likely break a bone ;)

Oh, the burglar alarm attracts zombies!

E - you can also use it to jump over low fences. One thing, if you rapidly tap it on a window - you will break the window, and go straight through, but may hurt yourself in the process. If you can, easier to bash a window with your bat/axe/rolling pin/frying pan

If you need to get out of a window in a hurry, tapping e fast will work on any window - if you're indoors or out, or if you're on the second floor or more.. and without a sheet rope, the design is that you'll fall from the second story, and will likely break a bone ;)

Oh, the burglar alarm attracts zombies!

Wait so if you smash windows unarmed you have a chance of hurting yourself? :o

Archived