Rain going through roof in some buildings.

Malvado

Ive had some trouble building floors inside buildings, specifically storage buildings like the one in the added pictures, once you start building a larger floor in the second floor, that area will start to appear as "outside" even though it has a ceiling above it and rain pours through cosmetically. Temperatures in that area does not correlate either to the temperatures that should be inside. The difference is inside temperature vs outside temperature, so if you have 22 C in that other area just a few tiles away it drops way bellow ( 10c for example ).

20220124153652_1.thumb.jpg.0cf2f99c90661b2484677e0134d58781.jpg20220124154845_1.thumb.jpg.e0d2cdd1bbc20fb0e9e0b635af7fc710.jpg

Just been testing this out in debug mode as noticed it in my normal save. There is another warehouse in the same town that suffers from this. Its hit and miss on fixing it. The warehouse by the trailer park, I used the very small area as a temp base upstairs, then built out the floor completely and slept which appeared to fix it. Yet in debug mode its having no affect. Same with the above warehouse. Was going to make it the main base and the side be a pool room but now I want to move on due to the issue the warehouses appear to have.

I don't know if its relevant but in debug mode if you look at the area in ChunkDebugger mode you can see it defines the open space as outside, which I assume is why it screws up when you then try to lay flooring on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same issue when building on the 2nd floor of one of the warehouses outside Muldraugh. I get snow falling and the sound of the wind and animals as soon as I climb the steps. I have a fire burning in the antique stove but the temp doesn't seem to be getting higher. I enclosed the space with walls and built another floor above with tiling as well, but it's still snowing inside :s1480170886_insidesnow.thumb.jpg.17699d93bcb1c5c1ff4e05ff088ef8c9.jpg

EDIT: just to add, I can see cloud shadows moving over the bed too.

Edited by bpdlr

11 minutes ago, Tykvesh said:

It seems that this room in the prefab was not marked as a room, but@bpdlrafter I enclosed the space as shown below, it started counting as indoors.

Wow, so I just need to add a little alcove to fit a door... I was wondering why I couldn't fit a door frame in that space. Thanks!

I had this same thing happen in the large warehouse in Muldraugh.  I put my bed out in the new floor area and woke up one morning almost freezing.

I found that if I build two walls out from the existing outer walls that meet then it switches to inside.  Actually all you need is the wall/door frames.  I was planning on dividing up the space with walls anyway so this is fine.

20220210091150_1.jpg

Edited by SpaceViking
Adding screenshot