Sledgehammer cant be found, going crazy, literally.

wydbob

Really need some pointers on this one....

Hosting some MP with a friend and running the PZ MP 41.61 build.

We started in Muldraugh and have cleaned out the big warehouse to the northeast.

We have cleared out most garages and most garden sheds.

McCoy logging is cleared.

After this we spent 3 days in game clearing the factory northwest/west of westpoint.

Rosewood firedepartment is cleared.

We cleared NP tools in that small town which i dont remember the name of.

At this point i tried some console commands but cant get it to work cuz at this point we wouldj sut settle with spawning it in to be honest.

Anyways this didnt work so i spent another 2 hours IRL driving around all over the map, obvously not all of it but alot. On this excursion i found 2 pothole constructionsites with constructionzombies in the road, these were the second and third we found, first 1 had hammer + pickaxe, second one had hammer and third one a fucking pickaxe again.

And here I am, Desperate to get my hands on a fuckign sledgehammer that i cant for the life of me find and im not sure if i will be able to keep looking...

Does anyone know any other tricks or do we have to start clearing warehouses in louisville too?

Oh yeah, tried Cheat menu mod but couldnt get that to work either even after enabling it under "Mods" and enabling it under my server settings...

Please help cuz we're on the brink of quitting our current save which is around 100 hours in and just started winter.

Thanks!

There are two options:
1. Use the NecroForge v2.7b mod from worhshop which gives you the ability to spawn stuff and admin powers without doing the extra work (on and off mod)
2. Keep looking for pothole sites and have as much luck as I did (this is a screenshot from b41.65 that I took when I realized how much people stuggle with finding them)
20211218001833_1.thumb.jpg.d361e17ec633e92fd3874ec5c01e34c7.jpg

This has often been my experience with sledges since pretty much forever. I'll go long periods of time and multiple games without finding one, then one game I'll have 2 or 3.

I think it's an issue with doing things so randomly. I think more games need to have some kind of logic check to ensure that there is a certain minimum density. While a shortage can occur, to at least go for some kind of consistency so perseverance eventually pays off, instead of getting RNG-screwed which is never fun. Doubly so when the utility of something can't really be achieved through some other means.

Archived