im depressed

lone wanderer

my character is getting really depressed and I don't know any way to fix it I know medicine helps but that is really hard to get to right now. is there any other way it says talk to somebody but well that's another problem there is nobody!! im getting mad/worried that my character is going to commit suicide or something! (I know there is no suicide)

There is one form of suicide. Drinking bleach will kill you in seconds.

But anyway, i'd look for entertainment, books, magazines, newspapers ect. Read those, and also if you have a pen and paper you can doodle.

If you really can't get out of this depression, take a risk and go look for meds.

Eat chocolate.  It cures the blues.

Orange soda does too as well as some "fresh" food like tasty soup, strawberries, tasty salad. Check the stats for things that will help. I think whiskey might help. Stay away from cigarettes and foods that make you unhappy.

It is really important to check stats. A strawberry fresh off the vine is going to help while one that is past prime (but not yet rotten) will make depression worse. Never eat  rotten food as you will have worse issues than depression to deal with.

I think antidepressants help too. Take one pill per day. It may take 3-5 days to clear.

If you can manage to get yourself into the Pharmahug store, which is much easier said than done considering its location, you can find a huge stockpile of all kinds of meds and effectively make things like depression never matter again. Nearly all the loot there is meds, and there are enough containers to loot that you won't even be able to carry it all in one shot. I spent a couple days looting it with my current character I got over 100 of each type of pill, on top of all kinds of other medical supplies like bandages and what have you. It's totally worth doing if you take it slow and lure all the zeds away first.

I recommend B-lining for it, breaking out a window, because it's most likely going to be alarmed, then taking off after setting off the alarm, then heading in from the south and setting off alarms at the buildings just to the south or the burger joint to the east to lure everything back out of it. That way almost everything will have cleared out and you'll know that you won't just be setting an alarm off there and luring everything back when you try to get inside.