Tent is a bed too

Invader Jim

I have a room in my house I want to sleep in. However, it is empty except for four crates. I made a tent kit and set up the tent in the room and now I sleep in a tent in my new bedroom.

I think this makes sense. If you have enough stuff to make a tent to sleep in outdoors your surely have enough stuff to make a comfortable sleeping place in a room in a house. 

Hopefully some day you will be able to craft a cot for your room. Until then, I will sleep in my tent.

They should add a Pillow Fort while they are at it.

A pillow fort would be an awesome little easteregg to have in the game. Be able to use it as a bed, increase happiness and decrease boredom a little.

Plus, you can always tell NPCs to rack off. It's the apocalypse, I will be DAMNED if I can't make a pillowfort in my spare time! :P

They should add a Pillow Fort while they are at it.

A pillow fort would be an awesome little easteregg to have in the game. Be able to use it as a bed, increase happiness and decrease boredom a little.

Plus, you can always tell NPCs to rack off. It's the apocalypse, I will be DAMNED if I can't make a pillowfort in my spare time! :P

Exactly my thoughts.. The zombies can break through my boarded windows, but can they break through the fluffiness?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that to make the pillow useful if you find a sleeping NPC on your travels (after NPC's have been re-added in to the game) you should be able choke them with the pillow

You were able to do that to Kate in the Kate & Baldspot tutorial, would be pretty funny to be able to do it to other people as well.

I think that to make the pillow useful if you find a sleeping NPC on your travels (after NPC's have been re-added in to the game) you should be able choke them with the pillow

You were able to do that to Kate in the Kate & Baldspot tutorial, would be pretty funny to be able to do it to other people as well.

Make it a stealthy way to kill NPCs without raising alarm. You could potentially wipe out a camp of other people if they were all asleep and in separate beds.

I think we should be able to build some kind of bed or cot, or just a makeshift matress on the floor, for sleeping when there is no other means present.

I couldn't find this suggested anywhere; though the search function results always leaves much to be desired.

For example, the Large Warehouse is a popular place to build a safehouse, but it has no bed. Many just set up a tent on the roof, but that's just not my style. Why not be able to make a bed? It'd work much the same as building tables and chairs, etc. You can construct a really shoddy frame at first, and then a really nice one at advenced carpentry skill levels.

For a standard bed, all you would need are;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Rags, Pillows, or Newspaper (for mattress stuffing)

For a hammock (portable) you would need;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope
  • Tent Peg

For a Cot (which could be portable) you would need;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Door Hinge
  • Tent Kit

For a crate bed (on the floor) you would need;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope
  • Rags, Pillows, Newspaper, or Sand Bags (for stuffing)

I think we should be able to build some kind of bed or cot, or just a makeshift matress on the floor, for sleeping when there is no other means present.

I couldn't find this suggested anywhere; though the search function results always leaves much to be desired.

For example, the Large Warehouse is a popular place to build a safehouse, but it has no bed. Many just set up a tent on the roof, but that's just not my style. Why not be able to make a bed? It'd work much the same as building tables and chairs, etc. You can construct a really shoddy frame at first, and then a really nice one at advenced carpentry skill levels.

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope
  • Tent Peg

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Door Hinge
  • Tent Kit

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope

AWOOO! WOOF! RUFF, woof woof? WOOF!

translation:

Yes please, cannot tell you how many times I've been tired halfway through a hike, in the middle of nowhere.

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope
  • Tent Peg

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Door Hinge
  • Tent Kit

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope

AWOOO! WOOF! RUFF, woof woof? WOOF!

translation:

Yes please, cannot tell you how many times I've been tired halfway through a hike, in the middle of nowhere.

Carry a tent kit. It is great to have and essential for a trek between Muldraugh and West Point.

Archived