Space Station 13

Killer21334

Yep, just going for assistant, tried to join some games, all I got was:

A.Pitch black, walked around and could see a tiles randomly, oxygen warning came up, logged out.

B.On shuttle, pitch black outside, could see some space squares. Walked out of the shuttle, pitch black, logged.

C.Message about creating an account (doing it now)

All of those tries were on servers with no one.

Ps, game is not newbie friendly.

Game very much is not newbie friendly but then a game as deceptively in depth as SS13 struggles to be. If its still going Rocket 42nd is a good server. Its where I played back in the day.

A.Pitch black, walked around and could see a tiles randomly, oxygen warning came up, logged out.

B.On shuttle, pitch black outside, could see some space squares. Walked out of the shuttle, pitch black, logged.

Game very much is not newbie friendly but then a game as deceptively in depth as SS13 struggles to be. 

Yeah, its crazy deep.

Main problem I'm having is all the populated servers need an account and I'm not getting the email.

Thread music

Fuckin' clowns man. :P

Game very much is not newbie friendly but then a game as deceptively in depth as SS13 struggles to be. 

Yeah, its crazy deep.

Main problem I'm having is all the populated servers need an account and I'm not getting the email.

Man that's certainly a bit shitty. I also wouldn't advise playing assistant. Assistant and clowns are usually best to stay away from, cause they aren't treated all that well.

SS13 is something you kind of have to persevere with if you ever want to get to the point of fun. It eventually takes it toll on you just how crushing it can be, it's why I just kind of fizzled out of it.

Assistants arent TOO bad I think its just most new players go assistants so those who arent new see all assistants as newbies. Janitor is an easy role as you're not actually required to follow anyones orders and thus the prospect of messing up is less terrifying. However janitors get a bad rap because if you're cleaning and they're running they fall over and its for some reason your fault.

I quite liked playing as a bartender. Once you figure out how to mix drinks it has some nice roleplay elements.

I had an interesting game before when I was rping a very blunt and rowdy bartender.

Then the clown came in and started upsetting my customers and sprayed water into my face, causing me to beat the clown to near death which resulted in me being arrested and half the station going in uproar over there being no bartender to serve drinks.

Another game some mad scientist came into my bar and did some very good roleplay with me half of which I didn't quite understand; something about wanting to sell me some drugs. Later on he persuaded me to go with him and I ended up stepping into what I think was the gene splicer (?) and started messing around with my genes..

Assistants arent TOO bad I think its just most new players go assistants so those who arent new see all assistants as newbies. Janitor is an easy role as you're not actually required to follow anyones orders and thus the prospect of messing up is less terrifying. However janitors get a bad rap because if you're cleaning and they're running they fall over and its for some reason your fault.

I quite liked playing as a bartender. Once you figure out how to mix drinks it has some nice roleplay elements.

wet_floor_sign_floor_1.jpg

Not enough of these, maaaaaaaaan.

Personally I always felt janitor was best to start with, since it really is low/no pressure sort of job. I do enjoy bartending quite a bit as well to be fair, mainly for the RP aspect. Never played Captain or AI. Didn't want the responsibility, so no idea what those are like.

Just start a server on your own and learn to do the role that your interested in.

It's relatively easy; its how I learned to do the mining job.

This is also pretty solid advice just messing around by yourself is pretty helpful. On the other hand though, alot of popular servers can have custom modifications that can make it quite different from plain vanilla.

Just start a server on your own and learn to do the role that your interested in.

It's relatively easy; its how I learned to do the mining job.

This is also pretty solid advice just messing around by yourself is pretty helpful. On the other hand though, alot of popular servers can have custom modifications that can make it quite different from plain vanilla.

Yeah, its bloody confusing, there's like five wikis.

Had the most peculiar round I ever had on SS13, on the Paradise server today.

I logged in just as the round started and because all the good positions were taken I decided to observe the game and come in as an npc, so I picked Ian the dog.

So, spawned into the HoPs office and because the HoP wasn't moving from his office, I chucked myself into the disposal unit and managed to free myself when I got into cargo. Then I just went about the station as normal and saw the Janitor pushing his cart along. Because his name was Roger Wilco, I couldn't help the overwhelming urge to steal his bucket, which I did.

As I ran about the station in dog form with the bucket behind me, and the janitor chasing me, I found that the back entrance leading into the Captains office was open, all the doors leading up this office were forced open. So I went in, and the janny followed. Then the Captain suddenly walks in and because I'm in dog form I can't understand what they're saying fully, I only get partial bits. But I can tell the Captain wasn't happy, thinking the Janitor had just broke into his office, and he subsequently stunned him and then called security who came and cuffed him.

At that point it appeared that the Captain's office was broken into and his display case was smashed. He started motioning for me to sniff around so I just played along, sniffing the broken glass and then barking towards Roger Wilco, as if to indicate guilt. The detective came and I assumed he ruled out Wilco's involvement because they released him, and Wilco let out a frown and a glare towards me as he left :lol:

So the Captain was motioning for me to do more sniffing, which I did. So I went down towards engineering and into atmospherics where there was a atmos tech, who I started sniffing at and barking. The Captain withdrew his gun and told the tech to drop all his gear for inspection. I have absolutely no idea what was being said but it appears my sniffing senses were right this time.

So back to the Captains office, and the cap had given me my own doggy armor and hat and I became known as Captain Ian, the faithful hound!

And then the Slimes came....

A big giant slime had crawled through the vent and started attacking the Captain. I tried blocking its attempts by getting in the way, however, as I did the Captain let off a round from his energy gun (set to kill) and manage to hit me instead by accident, which was followed by screams and possibly a mental breakdown from the Captain.

Most fun I've had in SS13 for quite sometime now... :lol:

I hate games where you have to download clients and shit to play 'em. I don't wanna download shit!

...but pretty much most games involve downloading shit. Even if you play Browser based games, you're downloading stuff via your browser :P

Haven't really had any amazing rounds yet but most have still been great fun.

It can take a while to get a truly great round. Hopefully you will get one sooner or later. So what you done in the game so far?

Mainly worked as a cargo tech, botanist, chef, miner and atmos tech (Only tried to set up the scrubbers and fight fires as I have no idea how to set up the air filtering system.)

Also, went as an ERT once and got three kills! (Weird round, died early on and re-spawned as ERT, my team members were in shambles so I have no idea what happened.)