Burying stashes

ronfino

Since you can bury corpses, i thought in my mind: "why can't i bury my bag filled with guns?" At the moment, if i'm not wrong, you can actually bury items but you need a body in order to do that. I think it would be a very useful feature principally for the multiplayer, just imagine a group of rival survivors raiding a safehouse and ending up interrogating another survivor about the location of their weapon stash, or simply having your important items buried in an unknown zone. Though, as a debuff, certain items would deteriorate because of them being buried 3 meters underground.

Also, my friends buried my dead character and my favorite gun yesterday, which proves that not only this could be used as a PvP function but even as a roleplay feature! Funerals my friends, funerals.

Edited by ronfino

Rusting weapons could be an interesting game mechanic, and past a certain point they break and need to be disassembled and cleaned up (and accuracy/reliability going down with condition), but yeah you usually want to grease them in heavy grease such as cosmoline to prevent rust. Straight burying them without a container would make them rust to uselessness in a very short time, so you'd need to bury a contained or some sort like a small chest or a gun case.

I agree, items deterioration based on how they're buried is a good idea to avoid the "OPness" of stashes as@Axezombiestated above. Also It's not only about guns, people could use this feature as a way to deliver objects anonymously or make trap bombs, the opportunities are many!

I thought about this when i was making the topic but i forgot, good thing there are people with common sense in this community. :)

Eh it's not useful, it's more practical to get some backpacks, duffel bags etc. from zombies which are amazing storage places with trait organized, go into a random part of a forest and place your backpacks, then store all of your stuff there, you'll see in the picture, note that I've killed more zombies with military backpacks, duffel bags and added them here beforew i took this cozy screenshot on a server. This in overall is much better then having to burry your stuff and waste time + endurance.

20211213164335_1.jpg

• 7 months later...

I think it could also be balanced out via erosion. Maybe over a set period of time the burial site becomes more obvious and/or maybe take more time to 'hide' the site with vegetation and such as well, removing excess dirt etc.