NEO Scavenger

Walther

If you can get past the rather unique UI design, you will find an extremely deep game with tons of replay value, and great writing on top of that. In particular I dig the inventory system, and the unpredictable and lethal combat. One of the few games where it is often a good idea to try to avoid confrontations instead of killing everyone.

Great Writing as far a the Text Adventure parts go, as for the plot.... It kinda feels like they just grabbed every apocalyptic scenario, jammed them together & said "well anyway, now we have Dogmen running around" :huh: Other than that its a pretty good game (for an almost Text Adventure) not to mention its as addictive as.... all sorts of illegal substances :P

Love the combat too, it really drags you back down to earth & makes you think about strategy even when you only have to fight one guy 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the demo last night and I played it until I cried and whined because I died again. It took me a (very short) life to get to understand the mechanics and the UI and the gameplay and the such. I am impressed at how excellent that game is, but a little pissed that I couldn't make nice with those little Melonhead things.

Spoiler
Eight days after the last post isn't too late to bring this up, is it?

• 3 months later...