Employ more people already? Aint you got the money?

chthonic

I'm sure development is faster with more spare hands. I've already given the example of small ridiculous bugs that are in the game. Can be fixed by anyone, still they aren't

it is, its just not as simple as getting someone to help paint your wall.

anyone? I'm sure that not anyone could do this. things are prioritized and then executed, that way smaller bugs might stay behind because they are not important

I'm sure development is faster with more spare hands. I've already given the example of small ridiculous bugs that are in the game. Can be fixed by anyone, still they aren't

it is, its just not as simple as getting someone to help paint your wall.

anyone? I'm sure that not anyone could do this. things are prioritized and then executed, thats way smaller bugs might stay behind because they are not important

Alpha is for adding features, beta for balancing and bug fixing. Only thing that doesn't follow this is anything game breaking.

Then I guess the bigger question is which do you want more? Bug fixes or new features? Could the bugs be fixed by anyone? Perhaps, don't know if that's really something that can be dictated by us, but whatever. The devs either spend time fixing bugs, or making features, a look at a few of the posts shows that they are actually fixing bugs and adding features. (See RJ's patch notes)

No, I think your problem is that they're not adding the features YOU want. They're not fixing the bugs YOU want fixed. While I understand you want those things fixed or added, they're proceeding in the direction they want to. Unfortunately it's just a waiting game. :)

@Fj45, Connall, Walther

This topic is not about my personal desires. This topic is about what is best for the project.

I don't understand why everyone thinks bug fixing is so complicated. I've done a number of small bug fixes for pz myself (I don't have any programming-related education). People in the modding section post bug fixes all the time. If dummies can do that, it's a piece cake for the hired competent people

Oh, and welcome to the hater pack, by the way

those are your personal suggestions here, you are a customer and are basically telling the producers of the product you bought to hire more people because you think the development of the product is taking too long. so those are your personal thoughts and suggestions for the project. I guess that TIS has their own plan and roadmap for PZ and we here can suggest stuff, help with stuff and discuss stuff here to help TIS. Some of the mods have been integrated into vanilla PZ (IIRC) and I guess this will happen more often (even though this is just guesswork by me).

i dont think that bugfixing is "so complicated", but I do think there is more important stuff and I do think that you are demanding stuff rather then come here to discuss it.

If you would have phrased your OP different, and maybe asked for the TIS-team to elaborate on their plans to expand their team or whatever this would have gone into a different direction. but it seems to me that you think you are entitled to tell them what to do and how to do it.

If dummies can do that, it's a piece cake for the hired competent people

Woah there, no need to insult an entire forum section.

I'm not a hater to this conversation, I don't intend to be but that's what I'm noticing. They are fixing bugs and they are adding features, it's just not at the pace you are expecting/wanting. It's also incredibly presumptuous of you to assume that you would know what's best for the project. Perhaps they don't have the money to hire someone else? Maybe they don't feel the need to hire someone else for a variety of reasons that we are currently unaware of. Hiring more people isn't some magical all fixing solution to a problem.

If you have fixed these bugs that you complain about, then why not make a mod and release it as an unofficial patch. Many games have it, so why not? 

I'm still struggling to see the problem yet. They are fixing the game, they are adding features, the reason you have a grievance with it is because it is not developing at the speed you want. This is not what is best for the product, it's because you have a grievance with it and are trying to make it seem like some sort of objective suggestions.

Edit: Walther basically summed it up and better.

I have a growing dislike for this thread, the title and some of these replies seem incredibly... baity. I'm not trying to be a hater, but I am becoming more aggravated. This thread is just going to go around in circles now.

I don't appreciate that. 

Aahh, remind me my old job Project Manager..

"More people = Dev faster", well yeah, on the paper maybe, but in the reality, you have to deal with multiple people on one project, meaning conflict between sources, between people, what's cool now, is Chris doesn't need to tell me "do this or this" or keep an eye on me, we trust each other, but it take some times to get into the code.

Also, you can think "oh, this is a small bug i can fix", well, sometimes it's not that small, and can take you down for 2 or 3 days for a lil' annoying bug..

After that, you know you can make mod, even for bug fix, and we can add them in game (I added some Skallagrim farming's fixes already, plus a bunch of mod from other guys), this is how you can help easily ;) (tho I may need PM to point me on bug fixing mod :P)

I don't mean you're totally wrong and more people doesn't always mean more problems, (for money, I really don't know, but stop thinking we're rich, we're faaar from being rich :D), and don't think we don't fix small bugs because we don't have time, we have time for bugs, it's just sometimes the forum is a total mess, prove is the upcoming open beta thread... On the released thread, I have 70% of nothing (+ asking ETA), and 30% of bugs, though I need to read every thread, same for bug reports, I have 4 forums to seek for bug report + tons of PM + tons of Skype call and stuff, so yeah, sometimes I forgot a bug, sometimes I don't even know there's a bug and someone start an angry thread "WHY THIS IS NOT FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", I don't think employ somone just to fix small bugs will be good, for him or for us, I swear, working on bugs 12h a day is really not fun, that's mainly why the upcoming patch contain bunch of new stuff, try to fix bugs 1 week by working 12 to 14h a day, it drives you MENTAL man. So yes, fixing small bugs it's easy, but if I understood a bit this thread, you want us to hire someone to fix bugs like items.txt stuff ? Aye, we really don't need someone for that, sorry :D

That's just my personal thoughts tho, and I personally want to work with Easy Picking for instance, so cool guy... (well, I don't know him, but I know his skills, and gosh they are huge !), What I mean is, hiring more people can be cool, but jeeze not to just fix small bugs... It's indie, we need more genius like Andy, Marina or Chris, not simple coder, my previous job was full of simple coder (understand who doesn't be passionate who don't have real skills..), I swear it was reaalllyyyyy bad :D

@Fj45, Connall, Walther

This topic is not about my personal desires. This topic is about what is best for the project.

Ha, yes it is. If it isn't then why is no one agreeing with you.

Hell, the Devs have said you are wrong.

I think, the topic can be closed now that a dev answered. 

I want to point out one small thing though. I am kinda shocked by the "we don't really need someone for fixing bugs" thing. This just doesn't make sense. The game has had certain bugs for a long long time, and RJ is too busy for that, overloaded with work, so who's gonna fix them? And if no one, then why does hiring people sound wrong? Because fixing bugs is boring? Is this even a serious argument? I mean, working is boring, but people work. Besides, I didn't mean "hire a special bug-fixer person". But that's not important.

Hope that forum users will fix bugs for you? Hope that they make stuff that can be ninjaed into the game? Maybe there are people that like working for free, I personally do not.

In conclusion, I'm gonna paraphrase a bit what I said earlier: this game is gonna stay in the indie slums with the things going like that.

Years of waiting - then release of a middling product that is suddenly outdated.

I understand devs are working hard but that's the pace of a trash indie game, taking a decade to go into beta, not the pace of a brilliant, promising project as I see PZ.

Just my unwanted opinion.

Anyways, sorry for creating the trollo-flaming atmosphere in this topic. Nothing personal, just frustration. Bye