Baseball Cleats

mrorgan13

At the beginning of the game you start with nothing and use your hands and feet. Baseball cleats or football cleats would be great to stomp on the zombies with and can be worn in the shoes place. I play the game with rare finds and some items are hard to find. Cleats would be a great alternate until we find the baseball bat/axe.

This is my first post to any forum so I don't know the proper etiquette but just let me know If I do something wrong!

This is actually a pretty cool idea dude.  Granted the spikes of today are certainly not the spikes of olden days, in fact most of them are made with preventing injuries in mind.. I know golf pros still use metal spikes in their cleats, that could be messy. I could see this idea even tying in with the profession system, athlete, rec player, rich investment banker with a tee time etc...  Either way they have the stomp in game, adding a bonus to it based on footwear seems obvious.  Me wearing combat boots would certainly hurt alot more then my fuzzy bunny slippers  (clyde)

Eh, personally I find this dubious. They're usually fairly soft material for safety and to avoid wearing delicate materials. In a pinch, that might scratch up someone's face, but they're still very light shoes with little force behind them.

In fact, they might even injure the person wearing them if they're not practiced. I recall in my stint in sports medicine, there was occasionally the situation where a cleat would leave an athlete very planted to the ground, even as they tripped and wrenched their ankle.

Plus, cleats wear out extremely fast compared to normal shoes. Perhaps hobnails would be more effective, but the last pair of shoes I saw with those were reproduction paratrooper boots. If golf shoes really have them, sure, but they're probably also not tough enough to kick someone's face in.

IMO, shoes are for your feet, and in a game where you travel huge distances and run for protracted periods of time, that should mean quite a bit. To weaponize them is a bit tricky.

Cleats are nice and all as long as you're running in grass or dirt, but at pavement they become extremely slippery. I've been playing football for quite a while, and we fell quite a few times while going to the field from the dressing room, even though we were walking, running from zombies in them would be a nightmare, not to say it wrecks your ankles due to the lack of heel support. So I'd say it's a bad idea,unless you want to live in the forest, but then again a steel-toed would be better for that, just like it would be better for dealing with zombies.

I would say focus more on safety boots which have steel tips or even army combat boots which will let you walk faster, less speed minuses, and bonus to stomping. Also when in on armor how about implementing bullet proof vests so people can use them to rip open for the kevlar in them and instead add it to say their jacket wrists and pants and such for light but strong armor that is realistically useful.

I would say focus more on safety boots which have steel tips or even army combat boots which will let you walk faster, less speed minuses, and bonus to stomping. Also when in on armor how about implementing bullet proof vests so people can use them to rip open for the kevlar in them and instead add it to say their jacket wrists and pants and such for light but strong armor that is realistically useful.

I like the boot idea but wouldn't ripping open the vests pretty much destroy the kevlar?

Most of the vests are just nylon coating wrapped and sewn around the actual kevlar pads (or a few other such types). You can even buy *just* the kevlar pieces in some stores (including where I work right now). Pretty nifty, but rather uncommon. Even where I work (we have a massive amount of hunting, military surplus, etc.) I think we only have one or two on hand as they're quite expensive and fairly low demand.

Most of the vests are just nylon coating wrapped and sewn around the actual kevlar pads (or a few other such types). You can even buy *just* the kevlar pieces in some stores (including where I work right now). Pretty nifty, but rather uncommon. Even where I work (we have a massive amount of hunting, military surplus, etc.) I think we only have one or two on hand as they're quite expensive and fairly low demand.

Sounds like those pads would make pretty good armor if you can find them, main problem would be attaching them securely. Also would have to attach them so you don't get really hot.

Putting pressure onto the nails would then force pressure into your hands on the nail heads. Depending the size of the head, it's either going to break your fingers/hand, just fall off, or puncture your own skin. Not something I would recommend.

Putting pressure onto the nails would then force pressure into your hands on the nail heads. Depending the size of the head, it's either going to break your fingers/hand, just fall off, or puncture your own skin. Not something I would recommend.

How about bear claws? 

Warrior%27s_Spirit_1st_person_red.png?t=