Smoking

Joshnpk

Hello

Could we have it so that it says "smoke" and not "eat" when you have more than one cigarette in your inventory?

Currently if you have only one it says smoke but if you have more than one it says eat. I don't know if this is a bug so sorry if I posted in the wrong section but I would also like to know if we could have it so cigarettes don't make you depressed?

I understand a lot of things like this are due to balance at the moment as the game is not complete but as someone who smoke's IRL (not trying to sound cool, coz it aint) I'm telling you smoking a cigarette especially in a zombie apocalypse would NOT make me depressed, in fact it would do the complete opposite.

I could understand someone thinking it could make you depressed in a nostalgic sense like if you found a chocolate bar you always ate before the zombie apocalypse and it reminded you of how life is now not like it once was, but cigarettes are something most smokers use fairly regularly and as a result don't feel like are anything special.

To cut a long story short I just think its a bit silly to be made depressed by smoking.

Maybe the survivors weren't smokers prior to the outbreak and frown upon smoking as a whole. Maybe after smoking a set amount of cigarettes they reduce depression rather than create it. There should also be a "Smoker" trait in the character creation where the character will suffer depression or other effects if the character doesn't smoke a cigar for a certain amount of time.

Hello

Could we have it so that it says "smoke" and not "eat" when you have more than one cigarette in your inventory?

Currently if you have only one it says smoke but if you have more than one it says eat. I don't know if this is a bug so sorry if I posted in the wrong section but I would also like to know if we could have it so cigarettes don't make you depressed?

I understand a lot of things like this are due to balance at the moment as the game is not complete but as someone who smoke's IRL (not trying to sound cool, coz it aint) I'm telling you smoking a cigarette especially in a zombie apocalypse would NOT make me depressed, in fact it would do the complete opposite.

I could understand someone thinking it could make you depressed in a nostalgic sense like if you found a chocolate bar you always ate before the zombie apocalypse and it reminded you of how life is now not like it once was, but cigarettes are something most smokers use fairly regularly and as a result don't feel like are anything special.

To cut a long story short I just think its a bit silly to be made depressed by smoking.

Things like this are for the beta, NOT the alpha. 

I think it is just a hilarious bug.

I think an 'adaptive' trait would help balance this nicely. If you're a smoker (which you could pick at the beginning of your game or gain while playing) you don't get depressed by smoking, but you get depressed and moody if you go a certain period without. If you're not a smoker, you get depressed when you light up, but still get the boost to anxiety and hunger. Simple, balanced, realistic.