Reusing a Saved Game, After Death, For a New Character

Dichotomy

I have a question for the PZ vets and those more observant than me.

I have read about people "re-using" a saved game, after they have died, to spawn a different character??? How do you start again after you have died, I do not understand the mechanics of how to accomplish this ?

Obviously I am missing something pretty basic here, so please accept my "look of shame" in advance :)

Also does the world continue, ie will I be able to find my characters body, safehouse etc ? Does the old character re-animate ??

Thanks in advance.

BTW I play in compatibility mode in case that is an issue.

Reopen PZ and click on the game-mode you last played, then load the savegame you just died in. You get the char-creation mask and can start anew.

Find your old characters body? not sure, I belive not... dunno

Safehouse? yes, if everything goes smooth then yes your house and carpentry is still there.

If it reanimates, it wont be hard to find be the only one without pants or shoes <sigh>

Thanks for the info @sir.twiggy AND @Walther . Can't believe I never tried this. I always assumed the game kept running as the basis for coop or something like that.

That's pretty damn cool IMO. Not that I will really use it much as I like the idea of starting from scratch, and my safehouses are to inviting to ignore. That said I really need a screenshot of my last death, with a new character overlooking, pondering the lack of pants/shoes. I can now accomplish this.

I did this when I had built up a crazy safe-house and my character was about to become zombified. I dumped all my items into a container in the base so my 2nd character could have them. I also found his corpse when I went back that had a few things on him from before he died.

Although the first time re-used a game, i wasn't able to find my corpse. Not sure what ever happened to him...

Archived