Solid Snake

Question

9 answers to this question

I would recommend Bandicam as this work awesomely well with PZ.

Fraps would work aswell I guess, but I dont like it anymore due to the insane filesizes it generates.

My first and only video that i recorded with bandicam and then just exported with windows moviemaker to youtube.

Work like a charm. And gives you 1080p without 10gb files.

First post on forums. Yaaay! (:

Edit: Or you could get a free account on Twitch and stream your gameplay, and then use the saved stream.

(Twitch saves your stream on your pc aswell)

Dxtory has, oddly enough, always had this problem with many games. I think it may be because PZ uses OpenGL rather than Direct X (also known As Dx).

As far as I know there's no "fix" and likely never will be- can only recommend using better software. For the short amount of time I used Dxtory I disliked it and always had trouble.

Dxtory has, oddly enough, always had this problem with many games. I think it may be because PZ uses OpenGL rather than Direct X (also known As Dx).

As far as I know there's no "fix" and likely never will be- can only recommend using better software. For the short amount of time I used Dxtory I disliked it and always had trouble.

Yeah, Personally i dislike OpenGL And prefer Direct X

But a shame that is, Prehaps a different Codec Will Fix it

Dxtory works just fine on my end! The problem is: Don´t start PZ through Steam! It´s the steam-overlay or especially the api-integration TIS uses that causes this problem (atleast my investigation shows this, other games with the same api suffer from the same prob.).

EDIT: When starting PZ through the exe and not through steam your "hours played" does not rise and you can´t access the steam overlay of course!

Jeez, Thanks for the help! (Only took 1 day BETTER THEN STEAM SUPPORT :P WHEN I HAD PROLBEMS LAUNCHING HALF LIFE 2 :P) But enough of that! thanks for the support and i will be sure to show you guys the video!

Good to know, thanks!

@Rahtlord: Yep, I´m in the same boat as you here but Dxtory works just fine with OpenGL games! Never had a problem because of OpenGL, only the crappy steam-overlay seems to be the cause regarding PZ.