Begginer - few questions

gloomyraven28

Hi All,

I play vanilla latest build and I dont know:

- Where to find The Metalwork Magazine vol 1-3 - I found tons of vol 4 only. This is possible to find 1-3? they are rly rare? Best way to looking for?

- This is possible to build metal containers, walls... in this vanilla build?

- Smithing is canceled from game now, yes?

- How work compst? My compost is full of rotten vegetables and since 1-2 month I cant pick any fertilizer - (yes I try to use all types of bags and shovels). I should use worms, dirt ... I dont know

Sorry for my eng :(

Best wishes!

1. Yeah, they rare i guess. Best way to find is - sheds, warehouses and mailboxes ( yeah, for real. They have high chance to spawn magazines )

2. Yes, it was cut, because it turned PZ into Minecraft, where you can smelt 100 spoons into 10 ignots etc.. By the way, you still can spawn smithing items by using mod called "Necroforge", you can find it in Workshop.

3. To collect compost you need to wait for the moment, when composter will looks like it filled with dirt or something. Then, take empty sandbag ( you know, that kind of bags that used to collect sand/gravel/dirt ) and click on composter, >collect fertifilizer or idk.

1. IMO mail boxes are by far the best source for mags, I play with "very rare" on all my loot options and even then I find quite a good number of useful magazines. And like Drama mentioned, sheds and warehouses are nice too.

2. Yes.

3. I have no idea, never tried it.

I just wanted to say mail boxes are awesome really. :-D

1 hour ago, DramaSetter said:

1. Yeah, they rare i guess. Best way to find is - sheds, warehouses and mailboxes ( yeah, for real. They have high chance to spawn magazines )

2. Yes, it was cut, because it turned PZ into Minecraft, where you can smelt 100 spoons into 10 ignots etc.. By the way, you still can spawn smithing items by using mod called "Necroforge", you can find it in Workshop.

3. To collect compost you need to wait for the moment, when composter will looks like it filled with dirt or something. Then, take empty sandbag ( you know, that kind of bags that used to collect sand/gravel/dirt ) and click on composter, >collect fertifilizer or idk.

You say "wait for the moment"... for now I waiting 2 month and notehing.... how long it can take? 

Ok thanx :)

But...

- Compost must be full filled with rotten vegetables? What when 30 kilo is rotten and 20 fresh? Or what when in compost is only 10 kg rotten vegetables?

- and when after few weeks I add to compost few kg new fresh vegetables to this old rotten insode - then time count restart? 

Uhhh my eng is torrible but I try :(

2 minutes ago, gloomyraven28 said:

Ok thanx :)

But...

- Compost must be full filled with rotten vegetables? What when 30 kilo is rotten and 20 fresh? Or what when in compost is only 10 kg rotten vegetables?

- and when after few weeks I add to compost few kg new fresh vegetables to this old rotten insode - then time count restart? 

Uhhh my eng is torrible but I try :(

1. If some food isn't rotten - compost will be created only from rotten food ( after fresh food become rotten - it will be used too ) 2. Nah, i guess not.

Nevermind, i don't know what i'm talking about too xD

1) Find bookstores. They are one of the first places I hit once I know where I am living. Search all the books, you'll find them. Get all of the books too, you can master carpentry pretty quick with it.

2) Yes, and IMHO it's stupid that they did it. Improvised weapons and eventually blacksmithing would come back in an apocalypse. When you knock a civilization back to the middle ages they are going to act like they are in the middle ages. It was one of the first things I modded into the game and it really fleshed out the end game. They can easily bring it back with a better system. "Oh but you can make spoons into an ingot", homie you can watch Man At Arms where they turn freakin scissors into a sword.

3) Compost is really, really weak and honestly just use it as a "place to store rotting food" instead of hoping for compost.

1) The Mythic Metalworks reviews...

Only drop there (see below). There's absolutely no other places to drop these in Vanilla (no library nor school bookshelves and no mailboxes, in contrary of OP's told... It's pure fantasy, unfortunately...)

Shed : Counters can drop metalwork 1 & 2 (coef drop is bullshit and there's so many things that can drop there, that's near a miracle to get it there

Garage : storage can drop Metalwork 1,2,3,4 with a coef chance of 0.2 for the best. Once again, the loot list is very dense and with some hammer with a drop coef of 40, i let you do the math... It's near a miracle when you drop one...

Toolstore :

Shelves and counter can drop them with same coef (0.2 / 0.2 / 0.1 / 0.1). Loot lists are thicker, so, i may bet it's the best place to try your luck...

2) Smithing is canceled from game now, yes?

Cut with no real explanations. Assuming devs don't like the way it go (or need to much in deep additions). It's unfortunate cuz, more than less, it give birth to a half-dead skill, borderline to useless (except for the windows barricades with bars. It's fun and even usefull... But you don't need to skill up metalworking to do them.

For note, the blacksmithing books skills and skills reviews are still presents (even if inactives) in loot tables distributions, so, maybe someday, a resurection may happens.

3) Compost

I'm pretty sure rotten food in compost take around 2 months to decay into something usefull for Farming. As DramaSetter says, you then need a bag (empty) but he forgot to mention you also need a shovel in main inventory to be able to collect compost.

Each rotten item you had into composter as it's own personnal decay duration.

Adding new items don't reset the timer for previously puttin rotting things (ie. if you put a rotten tomato in your composter, the rotten potato alrdy there since 4 weeks won't be reseted to day 0 of decay).

On 2.11.2017 at 9:59 PM, agreubill said:

1) The Mythic Metalworks reviews...

Only drop there (see below). There's absolutely no other places to drop these in Vanilla (no library nor school bookshelves and no mailboxes, in contrary of OP's told... It's pure fantasy, unfortunately...)

Shed : Counters can drop metalwork 1 & 2 (coef drop is bullshit and there's so many things that can drop there, that's near a miracle to get it there

Garage : storage can drop Metalwork 1,2,3,4 with a coef chance of 0.2 for the best. Once again, the loot list is very dense and with some hammer with a drop coef of 40, i let you do the math... It's near a miracle when you drop one...

Toolstore :

Shelves and counter can drop them with same coef (0.2 / 0.2 / 0.1 / 0.1). Loot lists are thicker, so, i may bet it's the best place to try your luck...

2) Smithing is canceled from game now, yes?

Cut with no real explanations. Assuming devs don't like the way it go (or need to much in deep additions). It's unfortunate cuz, more than less, it give birth to a half-dead skill, borderline to useless (except for the windows barricades with bars. It's fun and even usefull... But you don't need to skill up metalworking to do them.

For note, the blacksmithing books skills and skills reviews are still presents (even if inactives) in loot tables distributions, so, maybe someday, a resurection may happens.

3) Compost

I'm pretty sure rotten food in compost take around 2 months to decay into something usefull for Farming. As DramaSetter says, you then need a bag (empty) but he forgot to mention you also need a shovel in main inventory to be able to collect compost.

Each rotten item you had into composter as it's own personnal decay duration.

Adding new items don't reset the timer for previously puttin rotting things (ie. if you put a rotten tomato in your composter, the rotten potato alrdy there since 4 weeks won't be reseted to day 0 of decay).

rly thanks mate! Your info is very usefull and profesional ;)

Archived