Hatchet?

King_Geedorah

With the upcoming addition of two-handed weapons, I thought it would be pretty cool to be able to saw a fire ax down to make a hatchet (much like sawing the shotgun for a sawn-off). 

It'd be nice if you're like me and almost always carry a bag in your off hand, even if it means sacrificing a little bit of reach and maybe power.

I suggested hatchets quite a while ago, I think the game definitely needs them. It could have the added bonus of balancing things out a bit:

They could be more commonly found than an axe, but still great at cutting trees. This would make it so that it would be easier to get around the hardest part of crafting, which is finding an axe. Crafting should never be primarily limited by finding a tool, that's just silly and broken.

To make up for being much more commonly found, they would do a good bit less damage and have a much smaller reach, as well as having less durability in combat.

Maybe we could do a 2 for one deal and have a hacket hammer. One end for cutting trees the other for construction.

personally, I think that would be too easy, those 2 very vital tools in one. but a one-handed hatched is needed indeed. more common but weaker than the big one

It's not... quite as easy as it looks. I'm not saying it's not doable (it is) but the weight balance is incredibly awkward trying to hammer with the back of it. With all of the weight on the back, it tends to try to slip sideways in your hand. Also the constant fear of chopping yourself in the face with the upswing.

tl;dr It's doable but not very safe.

Weapons will deffo get some more love in the... er... in-determinant future *cough*

Like many things, now that we have the 3D source models, adding stuff like this is a *lot* more straight-forward than it once was. Although not *completely* straight-forward as, for some reason, the guns are upside-down which is possibly a bug with our export process (which I've been staring at until I've nearly gone blind) since I've triple/quadruple/gadzunkle-checked the source files a gazillion times or more now :D

Weapons will deffo get some more love in the... er... in-determinant future *cough*

Like many things, now that we have the 3D source models, adding stuff like this is a *lot* more straight-forward than it once was. Although not *completely* straight-forward as, for some reason, the guns are upside-down which is possibly a bug with our export process (which I've been staring at until I've nearly gone blind) since I've triple/quadruple/gadzunkle-checked the source files a gazillion times or more now :D

Why not just export the guns already upside-down? ^n^

I approve this message.

Why not just export the guns already upside-down? ^n^

Oh my God, why didn't I think of this bef--

*shakes fist*

It's because the problem isn't consistent. It's not *all* frames broken in the same way. :D Once I've got everything consistently wrong, making it consistently right will be trivial :D

Nice! best way to fix something IMO.