Vehicles look out of place?

Johnny Fisher

6 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Very cool to see the progress but they do look a little odd. Some lighting/shading effects would help, but I don't know how feasible that is. They look perhaps a little too bright and clean. If they were more dull in appearance maybe they wouldn't stand out quite as much. But most of all they need to lurch on their shocks when they turn and accelerate/decelerate. The rigid gliding around looks very strange.

Still coming along nicely though!

I don't know if you have seen the new style they have gone with or not but most people like it from what I understand. I agree that there should be shadows under the car though.

On 26.4.2017 at 10:00 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Vehicles appear  over-sized because the player model will be replaced when the animation update drops. They're scaled to the new player's model. It's one of those problems that'll fix itself, eventually. :P

hold up hold up hold up x2

new character models meaning resized ones or completely overhauled ones with more detail? also were any proportions changed or nah i found the proportions of the original models perfect for an average survivor although the guy was just a tad too bodybuilder looking but that may just be me

Part of the reason why the dimensions in that picture Enigma shared look off is because of the lack of shadows beneath the car.

IMO about the dirty level of texture on the cars -

It may be better in the long run to have a "clean" vehicle texture to run with for the sake of not having to redo more than a dirt pattern down the line. If they intend to allow washing cars (or the natural effects of rain).

Archived