Server TV/Radio using different language to client setting

Khaos

Hi there I bought a server for the latest build today and I've noticed that the TV's and Radio's are using a different language as to what my client settings are which is English but the TV/Radio's are in French.

I've looked through the ServerPZ.ini and can't see anything to do with language which leads me to being confused. In singleplayer the language is English as it is set in the options but on the server it is French. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

• 1 month later...

I asked support and they pointed out that I was trying to add the line to the wrong config file. To change the server language, the line language=EN should be added to the file "server/Zomboid/options.ini". In this case I had to change an existing "language=FR" line that was put in there by default. Putting the line in the correct file and rebooting the server worked like a charm. (Not sure if restarting is strictly necessary, just mentioning it in case just changing the file doesn't work for others.) 

• 6 years later...

Just reviving this as I've run into it again and the options.ini wasn't cutting it as I'm still using the same French server provider.

Adding '-Duser.language=en' to the command line should help resolve this depending on what language the host PC uses.