Can anyone imitate the mechanism of compost bin to make a mod for producing salted meat and other dry goods?

blackteapie

• 2 months later...

You could modify the farming code to suit your needs. Instead of checking for a trowel/shovel in the players inventory in order to dig furrows, have it check for a meat salter/smoker and place that as your sprite. Then players could "seed" the salter/smoker with one kind of meat and wait for it to "grow" into the finished product. Then have the harvest stage revert back to the original salter/smoker, ready for the next type of meat.

As a side effect, you could even change the water requirement to wood chips.

Edited by Kurogo

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎年‎12‎月‎23‎日 at 5:22 AM, Kurogo said:

You could modify the farming code to suit your needs. Instead of checking for a trowel/shovel in the players inventory in order to dig furrows, have it check for a meat salter/smoker and place that as your sprite. Then players could "seed" the salter/smoker with one kind of meat and wait for it to "grow" into the finished product. Then have the harvest stage revert back to the original salter/smoker, ready for the next type of meat.

As a side effect, you could even change the water requirement to wood chips.

I already tried your idea, by using Moddable Farming mod, before I write this topic.

But I prefer to have a building or device for such function.

Edited by blackteapie

• 2 months later...