Tags for tools functions

GOGOblin

Nowdays PZ has a recipe system that needs to point exactly what you want. For example you need to list an knife or a survival_knife in a recipe for butchering. You also need to make a recipe for every can if you want to make  -so needed - mod for can opening with knifes.

Could this be changed to a following system: every tool has tags like "use_as_axe",  "use_as_opener" or "use_as_knife". So recipes will only have to require "axe" or "opener". This will make modders happier and implementing multitools will be possible without rehauling of a shittons of recipes.  This also can be complemented with an IF condition, for example

Axe

if (handy=1) or (carpentry>3) use_as_hammer

if (handy=1) and (carpentry>3) use_as_saw

For the first time to test - use this only for "keep" tools.  

And multitools, yes, they just have more "use_as" tags

ultimate-arms-gear-tactical-13-survival-3-in-1-universal-mulit-use-essential-function-emergency-supply-utility-tool-includes-chop-hatchet-axe-flat-head-hammer-wrecking-ripping-pry-bar-nail-pulle_240050.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

But you still can't open the fire hydrants like I can! With this ability, I shall rule the world! mwahaha:evil:

Well, the only thing I know about american fire hydrants - those red dildos growing from asphalt, right? - is that they are covered with dogs' urine.. But if you insist that those things grant power and prosperity I'll rather get one of those SPAX things..  

On 9/13/2016 at 4:49 PM, GOGOblin said:

Well, the only thing I know about american fire hydrants - those red dildos growing from asphalt, right? - is that they are covered with dogs' urine.. But if you insist that those things grant power and prosperity I'll rather get one of those SPAX things..  

Well, your pretty much right on fire hydrants, but they also could provide emergency water source.