Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jericoshost

Foraging Puddles during rainy weather

Recommended Posts

In the game NEO Scavenger, you can scavenge 'water sources' (Like rivers, lakes and...Puddles) well I'm not suggesting the rivers and lakes, but what about scavenging puddles of water when it rains (And for a few hours after it rains) to fill water bottles with (Or when really desperate, to drink directly from)?

 

I remember reading on the forums a character who ended up dying of thirst in a rainstorm in the woods. Seems like it could be fixed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jericoshost said:

I remember reading on the forums a character who ended up dying of thirst in a rainstorm in the woods. Seems like it could be fixed.

I think the easiest way is to harvest water from wet clothes (impying we use them to collect ater from wet leaves or directly from rain). The minimum ammount of water not to die from thirst. Maybe a sheet could be used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jericoshost said:

In the game NEO Scavenger, you can scavenge 'water sources' (Like rivers, lakes and...Puddles) well I'm not suggesting the rivers and lakes, but what about scavenging puddles of water when it rains (And for a few hours after it rains) to fill water bottles with (Or when really desperate, to drink directly from)?

 

I remember reading on the forums a character who ended up dying of thirst in a rainstorm in the woods. Seems like it could be fixed.

 

Would be a nice feature. You'd have to purify the water though, other wise you'd get sick. They'd have to make certain areas of the map lower or higher than others, letting the rain water slowly collect with time in the dips and pot holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

Would be a nice feature. You'd have to purify the water though, other wise you'd get sick. They'd have to make certain areas of the map lower or higher than others, letting the rain water slowly collect with time in the dips and pot holes.

I'm not sure the engine would support that, I was thinking a simpler solution would be to 'find' puddles when you forage.

In the same way you find branches, rocks, sharp rocks, berries, etc. It would just appear in the inventory window.

EDIT: Pic from NEO Scavenger Wiki

latest.png

Edited by Jericoshost
Picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...