[Animation Update] Blood on characters with Hemophobia causes panic.

cool daddy shark

I honestly think most people with hemophobia would faint walking out in to the world of Project Zomboid :P The trait could definitely be bumped up a bit to make it more difficult to deal with in my opinion, but making it more realistic might just cause it to be unusable in such a bloody world lol

Edited by Kuren

22 minutes ago, Kuren said:

I honestly think most people with hemophobia would faint walking out in to the world of Project Zomboid :P The trait could definitely be bumped up a bit to make it more difficult to deal with in my opinion, but making it more realistic might just cause it to be unusable in such a bloody world lol

Yeah there has to be a point where it's a nuisance but is playable with once they start to realize that they have to deal with it. Like panicking being reduced the longer you survive. While it's not realistic, it's a way to balance it I feel.

I think anyone getting covered in blood wouldn't like it and would feel disgusted anyways, mostly in the face and around the mouth, besides that I wouldn't find it as bad but if it got near my mouth I feel I couldn't clean it or something. 

1 hour ago, Kuren said:

The system where 5 zombies would make you lose your shit on week one to month one to where you only panic when you see 100-1000. The whole desensitization thing works and would work here.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

I personally think that zombie gore would be reduced, due to congealing. Already the move stiffly, and that would be caused by congealing, meaning that zombie heads wouldn't explode in a rain of blood, they'd probably just stain your weapon with black goo. But then again, blood splattering and covering your clothes in red is a lot cooler, so it would probably have to be a sandbox option.