Bomb's Thread of mini-suggestions

The_One_And_Only

Listen to these:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBnqUX1WLQcgXiQ7NQu7ZjNuYkmmqQh4x&feature=mh_lolz

1: Animations! Such as opening a door, grabbing it, and pulling it.

2: More guns! 12 Gage shotgun. M14, AK47, A Bazooka,  A Glock, desert eagle, sniper rifle, etc.

3. More clothes
4: Hats!

5. Generators, and water filters.

6: More zombie options, like maybe the chance every day of the military swooping in with airstrikes and bombing areas.

7: A Quarantine Wall
8: An aiming system, shoot a zombie in the foot, it falls on the ground, shoot it's spine, it's paralyzed, shoot it's head, dead.

9: Bandits

10: Battery/generator operated mp3 players with music that may either increase morale or decrease it, Ie: Happy song, Sad song.

11: Suicide

12: Some zombies are toothless so they can't bite

13: Bite-proof clothing, Maybe a knight suit, shark chain mail, or a dog bite suit?
14: Animals and Zombie animals, maybe a zoo with like a zombified elephant as a boss or something.

15: Tv with references to zombie movies, like the news broadcast from night of the living dead Ect.

16: People actually have stamina, not hunger.

17: Antibiotics can cure a bite on the "Everyone's infected" Setting.

18: Character voice actors, maybe pick people from the forums,
19: Intelligent zombie settings remember to open doors, can learn to use guns by watching survivors, will use melee weapons.

20: Gun recoil,

21 A gun shop

22: Enemy soldiers and good soldiers.

23: Sprinting zombies run on all fours when sprinting.

25: If you remove your clothing, you are nude.

26: Sunburn

27: A river far out somewhere that has to be emptied of zombie corpses before it can be drank.

28: Hairspray+lighter=Pyromania

29: Ability to make bombs from sulfur and black powder with Pyrotechnic engineer carreer.

30: Zombies don't magically know where you are in a house.

This concludes, post your own mini suggestions, i did not feel mike making multiple threads. 
Do not give me a warning because would you prefer me making 30 threads?

• There are some ideas here that are listed in the "Do not suggest" thread

Hello!

• A lot of these ideas are vague

(How would recoil work in an isometric game like this?)

(What do you mean by bandits?)

• A lot of these ideas are not exactly micro. (more: macro!)
  • Some of these ideas are planned

Hello again!

• Some of these ideas are already ingame.

It's true we don't want you to make 30 threads, but you could have eliminated most of the 30 by reading the appropriate read-me-first topics.

Then you could make a topic with the one or two ideas that have survived the culling! That has the added bonus of giving you some time to flesh out some of your ideas so we have something to read other than a list. We like reading cool fleshed out ideas.

Personally I would like to see a topic about the aiming system or sunburn ideas.

• There are some ideas here that are listed in the "Do not suggest" thread

Hello!

• A lot of these ideas are vague

(How would recoil work in an isometric game like this?)

(What do you mean by bandits?)

• A lot of these ideas are not exactly micro. (more: macro!)
  • Some of these ideas are planned

Hello again!

• Some of these ideas are already ingame.

It's true we don't want you to make 30 threads, but you could have eliminated most of the 30 by reading the appropriate read-me-first topics.

Then you could make a topic with the one or two ideas that have survived the culling! That has the added bonus of giving you some time to flesh out some of your ideas so we have something to read other than a list. We like reading cool fleshed out ideas.

Personally I would like to see a topic about the aiming system or sunburn ideas.

The recoil would be the amount of force it pushes you back which subtracts from the fire rate, a bazooka, desert eagle, and a shotgun will take longer to fire each round compared to a 9mm pistol. 

Bandits are survivors, that are actually evil people, escaped prisoners, criminals, ect, they kill without warning, mercy, or logic, they would kill a child for a cigarette. If you gave all your stuff to them, and said they were the best people ever and wanted to join them, they kill you and rape your corpse. Like that.

Wait, why are we even posting suggestions if the dev's won't listen to what the fans want and just do whatever anyway?

But fire rate is in no way effected by recoil in real life. It only effects accuracy, and I don't think it would really add much to the game since you wouldn't be able to tell when the recoil was affecting you. We can assume the current gap between shots is already to deal with recoil so that you have a moment to aim again.

"Bad" survivors are already planned. Survivors will come in every flavor possible.

But fire rate is in no way effected by recoil in real life. It only effects accuracy, and I don't think it would really add much to the game since you wouldn't be able to tell when the recoil was affecting you. We can assume the current gap between shots is already to deal with recoil so that you have a moment to aim again.

"Bad" survivors are already planned. Survivors will come in every flavor possible.

How does this sound"19: Intelligent zombie settings remember to open doors, can learn to use guns by watching survivors, will use melee weapons"? I think it sounds pretty cool, zombies could learn things, imagine a zombie soldier with a m4 walking around he does not have to be fast when he can shoot you from far off.

How does this sound"19: Intelligent zombie settings remember to open doors, can learn to use guns by watching survivors, will use melee weapons"? I think it sounds pretty cool, zombies could learn things, imagine a zombie soldier with a m4 walking around he does not have to be fast when he can shoot you from far off.

I honest to god can't tell if I'm being trolled or if you're serious.

Rathlord you are not being trolled, you are in the presence of a group of people called young Call Of Duty Players,

As you can tell he wants bazooka's to be implemented which is a big no no mainly because how the fuck is a survivor going to learn to use a bazooka? honestly maybe a past military soldier but these are everyday normal people they do not have experience with those kind of weapons it would be more dangerous than helpful infact.

Also he wants zombies to use guns which is another COD fanboy love kind of thing,

The best thing to do is stand very very still and do not move a muscle, he will throw several taunts of how he has slept with your mom and how you are a noob but will eventually go into his COD game again and be of no harm to us.

:P

Sorry did i go a little bit overboard there? :P

Also the devs get thousands of suggestions everyday, they only want ones that they feel like will be best for the game, so many suggestions are thrown out because they would ruin the balance of the game

Rathlord you are not being trolled, you are in the presence of a group of people called young Call Of Duty Players,

As you can tell he wants bazooka's to be implemented which is a big no no mainly because how the fuck is a survivor going to learn to use a bazooka? honestly maybe a past military soldier but these are everyday normal people they do not have experience with those kind of weapons it would be more dangerous than helpful infact.

Also he wants zombies to use guns which is another COD fanboy love kind of thing,

The best thing to do is stand very very still and do not move a muscle, he will throw several taunts of how he has slept with your mom and how you are a noob but will eventually go into his COD game again and be of no harm to us.

... I hate Cod...

And i'm 17...

But intelligent zombies should be able to learn to open doors and use guns and eventually learn to aim.

... I hate Cod...

And i'm 17...

But intelligent zombies should be able to learn to open doors and use guns and eventually learn to aim.

Suffice to say it's not going to happen. That's not the kind of game PZ is, no matter how much you talk about it. That would just make them mean people, not zombies.

Not even seeing a survivor open a door and the zombie tries to But likely it won't work?

You should head to the local library or bookstore and pick up "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks. We base our lore loosely on his zombies (mixed with the classic Romero breed). The most important part to pull from Brooks is that zombies are incapable of learning.

You should head to the local library or bookstore and pick up "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks. We base our lore loosely on his zombies (mixed with the classic Romero breed). The most important part to pull from Brooks is that zombies are incapable of learning.

But lore is changeable in sandbox.

:evil:

Well there is mod support, so I bet if there's a demand for it there will be a mod for it.

Have you checked out the 'Murica mod that gives you a bunch of guns and ammo to fight with? I think some of the weapons were modified to perform differently too. I don't think the devs would go for intelligent zombies, but they sure as hell wouldn't discourage a mod for it.

Intelligence

It has been proven, time and again, that our greatest advantage over the undead is our ability to think. The mental capacity of the average zombie ranks somewhere beneath that of an insect. On no occasion have they shown any ability to reason or employ logic. Attempting to accomplish a task, failing, then by trial and error discovering a new solution, is a skill shared by many members of the animal kingdom but lost on the walking dead. Zombies have repeatedly failed laboratory intelligence tests set at the level of rodents.

One field case showed a human standing at one end of a collapsed bridge with several dozen zombies on the other side. One by one, the walking dead tumbled over the edge in a futile attempt to reach him. At no time did any of them realize what was happening and change their tactics in any way. Another instance was seen, through a spy satellite video, of a zombie digging into a sand dune to try to catch a mole that had tunneled in; digging in such loose material only ended up spilling more sand into the hole, so it was physically impossible for the zombie to reach its goal. Nevertheless, the zombie kept digging, almost like a robot, for five days straight, until distracted by other prey. Contrary to myth and speculation, zombies have never been observed using tools of any kind. Even picking up a rock to use as a weapon is beyond their grasp. This simple task would prove the basic thought process involved in realizing that the rock is a more efficient weapon than the naked hand. Ironically, the age of artificial intelligence has enabled us to identify more easily with the mind of the zombie than that of our more "primitive" ancestors. With rare exceptions, even the most advanced computers do not have the ability to think on their own.

They do what they are programmed to do, nothing more. Imagine a computer programmed to execute one function. This function cannot be paused, modified, or erased. No new data can be stored. No new commands can be installed. No new equipment will be added, and if any are lost the computer will simply continue to execute it's function without as if it never had it. This computer will perform that one function, over and over, until its power source eventually shuts down, recognizing and using only the tools and equipment still currently attached to it. This is the zombie brain. An instinct-driven, single-minded machine that is impervious to tampering and can only be destroyed.

This from Max Brooks.

Dev's don't give a F*ck.

No, the devs give tremendous amounts of fuck about their game. That's why they're so careful about what they add and what they don't. They're going for a unique and special experience.

If the DEVs did not care then why are they still creating the game?

If you look at the status this game has caused them lots of troubles and such but they are still creating the game, because they want to please there fans,

And they are doing what the majority of the fanbase wants not 1 player