Rice + fish = Sushis ?

NagashUD

6 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Sounds neat! Only you have to have rice and vinegar (usually rice wine) to make sushi. Sushi literally means rice and vinegar. You could fill it with whatever! Eggs, fish, meat, beans....

Ideas grow !! :D love this dude !

6 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Sounds neat! Only you have to have rice and vinegar (usually rice wine) to make sushi. Sushi literally means rice and vinegar. You could fill it with whatever! Eggs, fish, meat, beans....

Isn't that more of an onigiri?
There are plenty of other sushi types that just require the fish alone. Include that but also have the other types.

With a kitchen knife/hunting knife and a handy how to magazine you could know perfectly which bits of the fish to slice to get sushi slices, allowing you to ration better.

19 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

no recipe is completely accurate, for example, bolognese is not very well fit with spaghetti, it's better with shorter kind of pasta like fusilli or penne, but we do with what we have, I think that using standard rice would be a good balance if you consider that adding an item for the sole purpose of doing one non-essential crafting might not be suitable for the development (or it might, depends on how much the devs love sushi)

19 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

Isn't that more of an onigiri?
There are plenty of other sushi types that just require the fish alone. Include that but also have the other types.

With a kitchen knife/hunting knife and a handy how to magazine you could know perfectly which bits of the fish to slice to get sushi slices, allowing you to ration better.

Just the fish (or meat) is called sashimi. Onigiri is just a rice ball, no vinegar required.

7 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

no recipe is completely accurate, for example, bolognese is not very well fit with spaghetti, it's better with shorter kind of pasta like fusilli or penne, but we do with what we have, I think that using standard rice would be a good balance if you consider that adding an item for the sole purpose of doing one non-essential crafting might not be suitable for the development (or it might, depends on how much the devs love sushi)

Well... Kind of. But it would be more like calling spaghetti linguine instead of spaghetti, they're distinctive different pastas. A 'sushi' roll without the vinegar would be considered more of a musubi (another form of the rice ball onigiri).

What I'm trying to say is that these are specific dishes! Just as pasta isn't quite right without a sauce, sushi isn't quite right without the vinegar. If they did add sushi to the game, I'd love to see all these other rice dishes too. Although I would think it would be quite hard to find nori (the outside seaweed wrapper of the sushi) in Muld. KY in the 1990's at a store.

Another thought with eating raw fish: Sushi chefs are trained in cleaning a fish in order to be eaten raw. Many fish have worms that could survive all the way to the plate! The only way to deal with these worms is either be trained on how to get rid of them or freeze the fish first. These worms can make people quite sick, and can even kill a person. In that respect it may be fun just to see "eating a fish raw killed my 3 year old character". heheheehehehehehe

Also if anyone's wondering why I'm so enthused about the subject, it's because I grew up in an Asian family and they passed down the love of eating and making sushi. I also like to watch documentaries about parasites, some of which come from eating uncooked items!

you got me on that enthusiasm part, i love sushi as well, i don't know much about it but i still eat it like there is no tomorrow evrytime i can.

that said, my main concern was about complicating matters for the devs by adding a new item that is basically the same as rice gameplay wise for no other reasons than logic. i mean, as i said, it's logic, but still, most people don't know this difference, as most people don't know that spaghetti is just one kind of pasta, or like most people don't know that tomato is actually a fruit and not a vegetable. while i agree that is indeed the correct item, i'm not completely sure it's worth it to get that specific in a game set in kentucky, but that's just an opinion of course

1 hour ago, Livio Persemprio said:

you got me on that enthusiasm part, i love sushi as well, i don't know much about it but i still eat it like there is no tomorrow evrytime i can.

that said, my main concern was about complicating matters for the devs by adding a new item that is basically the same as rice gameplay wise for no other reasons than logic. i mean, as i said, it's logic, but still, most people don't know this difference, as most people don't know that spaghetti is just one kind of pasta, or like most people don't know that tomato is actually a fruit and not a vegetable. while i agree that is indeed the correct item, i'm not completely sure it's worth it to get that specific in a game set in kentucky, but that's just an opinion of course

Hahah... Yes, you're right, I can get very pedantic. However, with this being such a specific kind of food, and being set in KY, perhaps the magazine/skill volume would be used to teach a player how to make ALL these different dishes. I think being able to make any new dish would be fantastic, but seeing multiple dishes pop up in the list to be made with round about the same ingredients would make it more interesting.

For instance, no one in game NEEDS to make cake... But I like to gather all the ingredients and make the cake anyways! I mean you can only make it until the milk spoils, so why not? Also you can make all kinds of cakes, grape cake, lemon cake, mixed fruit cake (oh plz no!), oh and pies! You can make pies too! Oh and bread! They all fit in the same category, but with the same basic ingredients you get a myriad of options to chose from.

Edit: Also the skill mag could prevent you from getting the diseases from the raw fish.

Edited by Demonic_Kat