Questions about the map and pacing

When Louisville and Knox are released, i keep thinking to myself that the military will be patrolling these areas maintaining the initial quarantine perimeter from what I keep seeing on the TV and radio and keep the player contained to WP and Mul during the beginning days? Am I right or is the whole map going to explorable off the bat?

I think a while back ... There was an official announcement from the devs that the military will conduct sweep and clear operations in the city, especially in the high populated areas (Like the PD station), and they did confirm that most of the time you would be able to scavange something of the military.

Thing is...I also remember that they mentioned the military might be hostile from the get go, as in, taking orders from the higher up to not let anything come of out the exclusion zone, be it human or not, that includes your character.
Oh yeah, also, even though it is probably gonna be for a balance reason (as in you can t get saved by them), the military does seem to embrace a "Rescue no survivors" stance in these kinds of conflicts

It would be cool if you could "rescue" and recruit these speculative soldiers i.e. try to get some to follow you away from the base when it

assumedly gets over run.  Likely extremely difficult (a large horde, soldiers would be prone to stay w/ their comrades, etc.) but cool.

Archived