Nasal Fracture (Broken nose)

emilko62

Just a thought, this is applicable especially with the new animations (the tripping and falling animation in particular) you should be able to break your nose and only be able to put in place if you have a certain level of first aid, or at the very least the lower the first aid level is the lower the level of success is and the higher it is of you screaming like a little girl and misplacing it.

But in all seriousness this a pretty realistic idea and i think it should be implemented into the game.

It's realistic, but what does it add to the game? What would the downside be of having a broken nose, worse smell...? While the zombies' sense of smell has gameplay ramifications, the players' sense of smell doesn't.

21 minutes ago, bpdlr said:

It's realistic, but what does it add to the game? What would the downside be of having a broken nose, worse smell...? While the zombies' sense of smell has gameplay ramifications, the players' sense of smell doesn't.

A read a post earlier in the suggestions about adding smell, i guess that could be bundled? Can't really think of any long term effects and the web can't supply me with information so your guess is as good as mine.

It doesn't really need a downside, it doesn't have an upside. It'd just be an aesthetic type thing, but integrated like the apparent beard growth (whenever that's coming) and scars from scratches, bites, gunshot wounds... etc. If I survived six months, met a group of NPCs, got in a fight with one of them, one of them broke it up and my nose got broken then gave me a tissue to clean my bloody nose or something. Some people might think it's stupid but it's a small thing that's cool, I'd love more stuff like that

On 3/14/2016 at 2:12 PM, bpdlr said:

I guess it would just add another way for the pain moodle to be applied. Personally I've never broken my nose but I assume the person would either end up in 'Severe pain' or 'Agony'.

On 15/03/2016 at 2:49 PM, Uphox said:

I guess it would just add another way for the pain moodle to be applied. Personally I've never broken my nose but I assume the person would either end up in 'Severe pain' or 'Agony'.

I like this. So if you splint your nose, it helps reduce the pain? 

Can one splint a nose? Maybe you'd need to stuff tissues up your nose instead to stop the bleeding. Or toilet paper.