Linux servername

Dr_Cox1911

I´m currently playing around with serversetup and can´t figure this out.

I want to change the name of the serverfiles (e.g. servertest.ini is renamed to foobar.ini), as far as I got:

The change needs to be done in the ProjectZomboid64.json or even better, the ProjectZomboid64.site.json to keep changes after an update.

How is the syntax for the json? I tried many different combinations with either getting syntax-errors or no effect at all.

Hope someone can help me.

Start the server with StartServer.bat.  You can add the custom server name there.

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" <snip> zombie.network.GameServer -servername MyServerName

The .json files don't accept program arguments (only Java Virtual Machine arguments).

Starting the server from the Steam Tools page doesn't work right for Steam-enabled servers, I believe.  To start a non-Steam server directly from the Steam Tools page do this:

• Right click Project Zomboid Dedicated Server in the Tools page.
  • Select Properties.
  • Click "Set Launch Options"
  • Set the launch options to -nosteam -servername MyServerName

Thanks nightmare for the list, already found that earlier.

@EP: Thanks for the guide, but unfortunately it´s only for Windows I assume.

I´ve tried it the "old" way by simply altering the sh-file similiar to your solution, but that didn´t work either. So after some googling I found the post from EnigmaGrey (can´t link the post, it´s the first comment) stating, that I need to change the servername in the json, because the old way only works on Windows and not on linux anymore.

The server is running through steamcmd btw.

So how do I change the servername on a linux steamcmd server?

I will try the oldschool way once more, maybe I missed something.

Can you post the contents of the json file corresponding to the script you're running (e.g. 32 or 64-bit)?

Here is my Projectzomboid64.site.json (note: unaltered, tried the servername pretty much everywhere):

{        "mainClass": "zombie/network/GameServer",        "classpath": [                "java/",                "java/jinput.jar",                "java/lwjgl.jar",                "java/lwjgl_util.jar",                "java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar",                "java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar"        ],        "vmArgs": [                "-Xms8192m",                "-Xmx8192m",                "-Dzomboid.steam=1",                "-Dzomboid.znetlog=1",                "-Djava.library.path=linux64/:natives/",                "-XX:-UseSplitVerifier",                "-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom"        ]}

Thanks nightmare! Will use this from now on!