Downed Zombies

Trojan_Turps

When you knock a zombie down it becomes completely harmless. This is rather odd....

I guess that zombies can't get knocked out? So if a zombie has fallen over it should still be trying to grab and eat you.

Stamping/hitting a downed zombie should not be safe. Even if it could just grab and slow you down a bit it would make things a bit more tricky.

This would make pushing over and stomping zombies more dangerous. As unarmed combat is quite safe right now.

Possibly with animations, anything is possibly possible with the possibility of animations. 

In all seriousness, with animations the stuff Lemmy (or someone in a mondoid) was when zombies were slowing you down, they wanted an animation for it because it looked weird. Plus, zombies maybe eating your corpse once your downed.

I've only just realized how still a zombie stays.

I'd actually love if they rolled over and tried to grab your leg rather than lunging forward randomly as a crawler or popping up after a few seconds. Plus, I'd love if walking to their head and hitting them did more a one hit kill type of thing rather than the current repeatedly bashing their leg until their head explodes.

I'm thinking more about zombies fighting off there backs rather than turning into crawlers before standing up. Although it would be cool if that happened sometimes.

I'm interested in the way grabbing is going to change combat. (if it gets changed in the combat update?)

Having to fight off zombies when they grab you would be cool. If zombies had to grab you before biting would also be nice.

I'm thinking that a downed zombie would not be as dangerous as a standing one but still a bit of a risk. Even if that risk is getting grabbed and slowed down for a second or two.

What can I say I'm a sucker for punishment. I guess that's why I love PZ!?