'You have been kicked because your game files do not match the servers.'

Lenny

Question

Hello, I'm having a problem when trying to connect to my friends server, all of us have recently re-installed the game completely again (deleting the Zomboid folder in the Users>MYNAME) and we all installed the Hydrocraft mod, my other friends can connect to this server fine but when I try to connect I am kicked because 'my game files do not match the servers'.

I have installed the mod correctly and we all have the same files so I can't see how my game files do not match the servers, although even after re-installing my game and the mod again and verifying my game integrity I can still not connect.

Was hoping to see if anybody could help me with this, 

thanks.

3 answers to this question

I had this issue recently. I actually uninstalled and deleted the folder left behind in the steam folder then reinstalled. Now if I can just figure out why my server is telling my friend that it isn't responding while I have a character idle in said server, I'd be one happy camper. :)

Your friend could go to server.ini and set DoLuaChecksum to False, that might fix the issue. I wouldn't recommend it if it's a public server though as it opens a lot of doors for cheaters from what I understand.

Thank you, this worked!

Archived