Steam Workshop

dylan1313

Is that a platform-proprietary "mod database"? If so, screw that!  :razz:

Skyrim, Fallout 3 and such do just fine with awesome mod sites like the Nexus (and we already have pz-mods.net, don't we?). Do they (Valve) veto what mods are allowed?

Skyrim, Fallout 3 and such do just fine with awesome mod sites like the Nexus (and we already have pz-mods.net, don't we?). Do they (Valve) veto what mods are allowed?

Noone forces a modder to put his mods up on Steam Workshop, only.

I'd say 95% of the Skyrim mods that are available on Workshop are available on Nexus too. Workshop makes it easy to install them.

I'd say 95% of the Skyrim mods that are available on Workshop are available on Nexus too. Workshop makes it easy to install them.

I didn't mean to suggest PZ would force its use, only that I'd much rather an "external" mod site be PZ's "primary" one than a Steam-only source. Then again, I've made my distaste for Steam rather obvious so I'm gonna say that, aren't I? :)

I've never used Steam for any Bethesda (or other) game mods, so wasn't sure how it even works; Nexus has great mod managers/loaders that I'm more than happy with, some of 'em dating way back to when we were modding Fallout 3 with hex editors. :D

But DOES Steam limit what mods can be posed to Steam Workshop? I'm curious.

From what I know Workshop comes with the same restrictions as Nexus.

No copyrighted material unless you have permission, etc.

So no "content restrictions"? Just the obvious (no posting other people's work as your own, using copyright material such as music, etc.)? Cool. I just wondered if they were more restrictive about "hot coffee" type issues than, say, a third party mod site like Nexus (which can be draconian at times too, I'll admit).

Gave me a smile thinking of Steam refusing to allow a "nude mod" for PZ... ("damn, this zoom function needs to be improved a hell of a lot, guys!")

I didn't mean to suggest PZ would force its use, only that I'd much rather an "external" mod site be PZ's "primary" one than a Steam-only source. Then again, I've made my distaste for Steam rather obvious so I'm gonna say that, aren't I? :)

I've never used Steam for any Bethesda (or other) game mods, so wasn't sure how it even works; Nexus has great mod managers/loaders that I'm more than happy with, some of 'em dating way back to when we were modding Fallout 3 with hex editors. :D

But DOES Steam limit what mods can be posed to Steam Workshop? I'm curious.

From what I know Workshop comes with the same restrictions as Nexus.

No copyrighted material unless you have permission, etc.

So no "content restrictions"? Just the obvious (no posting other people's work as your own, using copyright material such as music, etc.)? Cool. I just wondered if they were more restrictive about "hot coffee" type issues than, say, a third party mod site like Nexus (which can be draconian at times too, I'll admit).

Gave me a smile thinking of Steam refusing to allow a "nude mod" for PZ... ("damn, this zoom function needs to be improved a hell of a lot, guys!")

steam workshop is one of the easiest forms of installing mod, you literally find the mod you want and click the "subscribe" button that is beside the mod and it will be automatically installed, and if you want to Uninstall it (aside from the fact that zomboid has a new mod loading system and you can just turn it off in-game) you just hit the "unsubscribe button" and as for restrictions you can post literally anything. i have gmod and i would know because if you want something it will be on there (i have found numerous naked player and rag-doll models on there). and uploading mods are very easy too. you need to actually use steam before you can judge it with a bias opinion, becasue you were kind of attacking steam blindly (and there are a lot more than Bethesda games in the world, especially on steam)

• 4 months later...

Necro-ing this to see if there is any progress on workshop implementation? Not trying to add to the war about steam, but now that the map tools are out, the workshop will become an increasingly important tool for modders/mappers to expose themselves in addition to pz-mods and this modding section of the forums.

anyone aware of some kind of update, or would a dev like to chime in maybe pretty pretty please (clyde)