Firearm training skill

BoogieMan

Pretty strait forward.

Similar to the Police Officer profession, but is a skill.

Firearm Training: Lots of practice at the range and a general familiarity with firearms usage and maintenance.

+2 aiming +1 reloading

and

slower gun degradation due to better care. (do guns degrade like melee weapons? never thought to check)

or slightly faster learning of the skill.

Why would it work? Well, it's a real skill and like anything else, practice makes you better. I'm sure there are some other players who also frequent firing ranges that would appreciate a simple little addition that has to do with one of their hobbies. And of course more variety is usually better.. Especially with NPCs on the horizon.

It would be worthwhile, and I would be happy to see it distinct from hunting skills. I know -far- too many "hunters" who couldn't hit the ground if it weren't for gravity. [And let's not even go into basic firearm safety... ugh.] Likewise I know a lot of hobbyist shooters who could put a clay disk out of the air from the other end of town if they felt like it, but wouldn't know the first thing about tracking deer.

It would be worthwhile, and I would be happy to see it distinct from hunting skills. I know -far- too many "hunters" who couldn't hit the ground if it weren't for gravity. [And let's not even go into basic firearm safety... ugh.] Likewise I know a lot of hobbyist shooters who could put a clay disk out of the air from the other end of town if they felt like it, but wouldn't know the first thing about tracking deer.

Exactly, after putting many thousands of rounds down range I'm a pretty good shot but I don't know a thing about hunting or the be places to put rounds into certain beasties and such, they really are different skills even though they both utilize firearms.