Greetings PZ survivors. Alas it's a been a while since I've gotten some good PZ play time in. How long a has the zombie cam been in play when you die(Watching your survivor who just turned go shuffling around was rather interesting). That one was new to me last time I fired up PZ.

Anyway, Just wanted to let you know that my company is making a sequel to our original zombie themed game ZPocalypse.

You start off on the loan apocalyptic streets having just escaped the recently nuked urban zombie infested wasteland. You’re tired, wounded, and hungry. You need SHELTER, a safe house, where you can lick your wounds and regroup. Not just any house will do though. First you need to make sure it’s safe inside. Clear it out, board up those windows, clean out those beds. Setup guards for early warning systems, and get patrols to go out on scavenging runs, b/c food is in short supply. But they keep coming, every night. What will you do? How long will you last? Is their any end in site for this zombie apocalypse?

So much so, have I enjoyed the crafting and base building of PZ that we felt we needed to incorporate some of those aspects into our physical game Zpocalypse 2 which is up on kickstarter right now. ATM we are funded, but we'd really love to open up some , what I feel are vital stretch goals, to really get this game fleshed out and fully specked. (Aka, I'm talking about campaign mode).

Campaign mode is going to take alo of time, play testing and play testers to get it so you can play jsut like in PZ to literally see how many days you can survive.

So far we've added new foods types (Good Food, Raw food, Rad Food, Coffee, Booze, smokes). You can combine the Raw food and Rad food, using a camp fire upgrade to make various pots of stew which remove the negative status effects that raw and rad food give you if eaten unprepared.

Next we got our resources conversion upgrades, such as the Workbench, which lets you build other upgrades, in addition to granting the ability to disassemble armory cards into scrap for you use in building other things.

Reload bench lets you craft more ammunition and make improvised bombs.

Infirmary lets you remove negative status effects with a night of rest.

Beds lets you regain hit points faster overnight, instead of just idly sitting on the ground attracting more zombies to your safe house.

You can now build pit traps, upgrade those pesky sandbags with spikes, and maybe even make a propane bomb.

The game is being redesigned so you the player have alot more decision and choices for what your survivors do each day. These choices dictate how bad nightly combat will be(if there even is any combat), all the while trying to improve the fortifications’ of your base, feed your survivors, find more survivors, and of  course kill as man of those ghoulish zed heads as possible!

Anyway, it's up on kickstarter for another 2-3 weeks.

Please check it out. There are some areas of the game which are purposely unfinished as we are trying to get community direction on where to take the game. Which new locations, mechanics, and concepts will we put into the game? (I'd personally love to add the cloth part type, and allow hung sheets crafting to block line of sight, just like you can in PZ).

Zachary Parkes

Vice President of Greenbrier Games Inc.

Lead Designer for Zpocalypse 2: Defend of the Burbs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gbg/zpocalypse-2-defend-the-burbs

photo-original.png?v=1437052781&w=1024&h

press pics for Zpocalypse 2 defend the burbs

press_components_Zburbia11.png

press_components_Zburbia7.png

press_components_Zburbia17.png

press_components_Zburbia9.png

press_components_Zburbia.png

press_components_Zburbia5.png

press_components_Zburbia4.png

Hmm.... I think that there is kind of fashion for "old-style games" like PZ for example. But on other hand in board-like game there will be so easy to add new things (in DayZ for example it's really hard to add new things, because it's 3D etc.), so i like the idea.

"2 - 5 player"

So this mean that there will be no single player? Because.... because.... i don't have friends...  :cry:

..... that would buy this game  :-| 

Hmm.... I think that there is kind of fashion for "old-style games" like PZ for example. But on other hand in board-like game there will be so easy to add new things (in DayZ for example it's really hard to add new things, because it's 3D etc.), so i like the idea.

"2 - 5 player"

So this mean that there will be no single player? Because.... because.... i don't have friends...  :cry:

..... that would buy this game  :-| 

We have an 80k stretch goal, which should be attainable by campaign end which would include a solo variant scenario specifically designed for solo play. If attained we would update the box cover to say 1-5.

The running name being kicked around for this scenario is being called "Is anybody out there?"

Thematically you'd start off with the safe house all by your lonesome with your single survivor.

You could then focus on either building up your safe house, going out on scavenging runs looking for supplies and much needed OTHER survivors to help out with your daily tasks of crafting, building upgrades and repairing damaged areas of your safe house.

Somewhat "I am Legend" style scenario.

For other zombie board games I recommend Zombicide if you look for a l4d2 style game or Dead of Winter for more Zomboid / semi co op game.

Both are good games in their own respect. I like the mini's from Zombicide, I like the traitor mechanics from Dead of Winter (also the crossroads cards).

If you want to go the gambit for zombie themed board games, you got Zombicide Seasons 1, 2 and 3(All pretty samy mechanically speaking with new mini's and tiles in each). Dead of Winter(Awesome game, very well done), Last night on earth(I like it, but it has limitations), Last night on earth: winter's peak(in my que for game sto try), Zombies !!!!( and their bazillion spinoffs, somewhat terrible if you ask me), Eaten by Zombies(also terrible), All Flesh must be eaten(RPG)(I've never played it, but then I'm the hugest on story only rpg's),

and then our own existing line of zpocalypse games: Zpocalypse(Our first zombie themed game from 2012), Zpocalypse Aftermath(militarized theme from 2013), Zmergency(hospital themed location pack), Zmaster(play as the zombies), zpocalypse 2 (Defend the burbs)(what we're trying to make right now!)

however neither of them, or the others I listed, scratch the base building/crafting resource maangement survival itch, which is why I love PZ so much.

Zpocalypse 2: Defend the Burbs lets you build junk walls, sand bags, board up your windows, build look out towers, work benches, reload benches, camp fires, beds, gates, gardens, an infirmary and an alcohol still.

Resources include: scrap metal, wood, electronic parts, canned food, raw food(meat), rad food(veggies), coffee, smokes, booze, first aid, antibiotics, and drugs.

Gain skills in either Firearms, melee, first aid, mechanics, sneaking or talk skills.

While combat is a big part of the game, the downtime is just as important and has alot more focus on survival mechanics instead of just pure tactical strategy of fighting zombies.

To each their own though, I love most games which are zombie themed (unless they have the zombies with green blood, yawn).

However the point of this post is to get new games created, ones that cater to more specific wants and needs then those which only appeal to the masses.

IF we can raise enough funds it will allow our team to work on the much more in depth, but in my opinion the best part of our game, which is the concept of the zombie campaign. This would allow for multiple sessions to be played back to back in a more traditional Role playing game environment, where you can explore, go where you want, setup shop in one location, only to move to another once you've exhausted all the resources at your first base of operations. , Finally though, something that's always bothered me about zombie games in general, is the end game. If we’re able to unlock the campaign mode we’ll be attempting to figure that part out via exploration and discovering what is the point, or what is your purpose for you to keep going when the odds are so stacked against you? Who knows what you'll find, maybe a safe zone, maybe you'll discover a cure? maybe you'll find out how the zombie plague started, or maybe you'll just succumb to that stupid scratch you got back in your first play through 5 sessions later.

• 2 weeks later...