Cell burnt to the ground while sleeping

Mike280

Question

So, I had started this in another post, but felt that it should be put in its own space for comments. 

Backstory:  I was playing in Sandbox, low zombies, monthly respawn at 90%.  I set up a safehouse in the "isolated cabin" that's labeled that on the crash-override map.  I had barricaded the front opening, and then proceeded to gather loot from Cortman and the large warehouse to the north.  Just canned food, axes, shells etc.  I then built a second-floor around the perimeter of the pre-existing fence, with escape sheets leading out of the safehouse.  I built some water barrels, and then went to sleep for the night.

Bug/issue:  When I woke up the next morning, the house was burnt-out.  I was alive, and unhurt, other than somehow breaking my ankle.  When I looked around, the second floor was burnt in some places, and the water barrels were burnt down.  When I walked around the neighborhood, everything in the entire cell was burnt up.  Tress, grass, walls, fences, other houses.  In my screenshots, you can actually see the cell boundary between the burnt part, and the un-burnt part.  There were no zombies around when I went to sleep, and even if I had left the oven on, it couldn't have burnt an entire cell to the ground (I didn't leave the oven on though), 

Any ideas on what caused this?

post-22277-0-21759700-1435244659_thumb.j

post-22277-0-05791300-1435244660_thumb.j

post-22277-0-48589600-1435244660_thumb.j

post-22277-0-22173800-1435244661_thumb.j

5 answers to this question

Well, after looking closer at the crash-override map, it's not the whole cell, but there is a very large area that is affected around the cabin, and also a very straight line separating the burnt and unaffected tiles.

Ok, so I hadn't set up a generator yet, had only eaten chips and orange soda, no campfire kit set up, no molotovs or fire bombs used.  I was using a carpenter-starter-character, so the only thing I was doing was chopping wood, sawing planks and building walls/floors.  There was literally nothing that could have burnt everything all around me, other than the wrath of God.

Most likely the borders you noticed were the edges of the map that was "streamed" (aka actually in existence as far as the game is concerned) while you slept. Presumably you left an oven on, a campfire lit, or threw an explosive, or burned some corpses, a zombie wandered through one of those flames, and it burnt out the active part of the map.

Archived